Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PORTFOLIO COURSE => Help!!!

Options
  • 04-01-2009 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Ok...

I want to do a portfolio course (my mum is pressing me to go to Moate, but I just can't do it, I live in Mullingar and it sucks so bad, I want to go to dublin as it was the original plan and i love it there!!!!!)
    ANYWAY...

When you go onto careersportal.ie, a list comes up of plc courses ( http://www.careersportal.ie/courses/plc_course.php?course_id=5147 )
    Has anyone gone to Sallynoggin? What's the deal with that one?!
    I've heard Ballyfermot is full already (sh¡¡¡t)
    Does anybody know what one's aren't filled up?
    Or... Is there a way to find out if they are full?
    Because I can't seem to!! =/

Just telling myself now that it just matters what I get done in the Course, not whether the course is well-known or not...And that is true, but only to an extent!!
    Heeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllp

I've gotten great advice on this site before!
    Thanks everyone :)

Oh yeah, what would be a good portfolio-course for a media-based college course?

>All & any info appreciated!!!!<

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

First off, Relax!

You need to contact these colleges to find out about places. Phone them up! Ballyfermot and Colaiste Dhulaigh, Coolock are where I would recommend. Ballyfermot more for a media based portfolio although either will help you on your way.

I doubt they are full up yet. You have to be interviewed first and show some work. I did my interview in May before I started the course. They interviewed again in August. (I went to Colaiste Dhulaigh).

Re-read this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055406432 and it should put you at ease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭thebaldsoprano

A mate of mine did the Sallynoggin course and absolutely loved it and produced some well cool work from it. If you're thinking of going part time, I know a couple of people did the IADT course and got a lot out of that as well.

I didn't do a portfolio course myself, but am doing the degree course IADT and it's absolutely brill! Can't recommend the place highly enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I'd very much doubt that any course is full yet. you usually have to submit a portfolio of your work in school to date, the more sketch books the better. you usually do an interview and then you find out if you have a place around the same time as the cao offers are sent out.

I went to Ballyfermot and I can highly recommend it to anyone.

Advertisement