Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving into Psychology...

Options
  • 03-01-2009 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I am in my final year of a commerce degree and I have realised that I don't want a career in this area.

I'd rather go into Psychology... After I graduate from this commerce degree, I could do a HDip in Psychology which is a conversion course to psychology for students with degrees in subjects other than psychology...

But would having this HDip put me at a disadvantage when up against students that actually graduated from a Psychology degree?

What do you think my best option would be for moving into this new field?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Well the HDip may provide a beneficial segue into a Masters program or even a PhD in Psychology.

A good idea might be to enquire to your chosen college about the possible academic avenues that may become available if you pursue said HDip. You may even be eligible to go straight into a Masters in Psychology.

All the best. :)

Advertisement