Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Look Good Naked!...

Options
  • 29-12-2008 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

So I was watching the latest episode of How to Look Good Naked when I was overcome with an urge to apply for it. I have my reasons for wanting to apply and I think I'd be perfect for a show, judging by the reasons and the confidence problems that some of the other people have used and been successful with.

Has anyone any experience of doing something like this or know anyone who has?

Also, has anyone taken some quality bits of advice from Mr. Wan (my new idol!) on what to wear for your shape (or not) or anything like that??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Definitely go for it. I don't think I've seen anyone Irish on it though so not sure if they'd come to Ireland? At least try anyway, if anything it would do your confidence the world of good. Gok is the man, I love him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I only seen it once or twice and i must say i enjoyed it. Normally i dont like fella's like him. I will say though he has done brilliant things for the people i seen on the show.
    Go for it and i wish you the best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

Yeah I was thinking I'd never seen an Irish person on it but what's not to say its out of the question?!?

I have all Gok's books and I've learned a few things and experimented with a few looks - some not so well! - but the one thing I need and need BADLY is confidence. I have a tad of an overhanging belly thanks to two Caesarean sections and I feel, quite honestly, minging and I live in tracksuits and anything that will cover up as much as poss. I need something - ANYTHING to perk me up and I would love to go on the show. I'd EVEN do the naked photoshoot....with lots of alcohol anyway!....
    SW81 wrote: »
    Definitely go for it. I don't think I've seen anyone Irish on it though so not sure if they'd come to Ireland? At least try anyway, if anything it would do your confidence the world of good. Gok is the man, I love him!

MILF you sound like you would be perfect for it. Why not check out the website and see if you can apply. I admire you for thinking of going for it, I'd never have the guts.

I wish I had a friend like Gok :(

MILF you sound like you would be perfect for it. Why not check out the website and see if you can apply. I admire you for thinking of going for it, I'd never have the guts.

I wish I had a friend like Gok :(

Oh my gosh!!! I just sent off for an application form!!!:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

MILF wrote: »
    Oh my gosh!!! I just sent off for an application form!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Best of luck with it :)

Woo hoo! Best of luck lady, be as honest as you can on the application. They want warts and all. GOOD LUCK! :)

Woo hoo! Best of luck lady, be as honest as you can on the application. They want warts and all. GOOD LUCK! :)

That's mad. If you see a slightly harassed Irish 26 year old mother of 2 on it - THATS ME!!!

I'd love to hear about anyone taking any tips from him though and if they worked... He'd be such a good best friend!!

Well thanks to him I learnt that Empire dresses suit me best. In at the waist and flow out. Plus layering makes me look taller. So I have him to thank for that :)

What I love about it is at the start he shows the ladies that they are dressing and looking 3/4/5 dress sizes too big and proceeds to get the trusty scissors out and cut away at what they're wearing and make it look like a dress or top and actually shows off the figure underneath all those layers! He's so talented!
    I saw him on the Gok's Fashion Fix and the stuff he can do with high street clothes and a few pins and ribbons and stuff like that is amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'd rather just get him to help me without me having to go on tv and have my naked body put up on walls.

mp1972 wrote: »
    I'd rather just get him to help me without me having to go on tv and have my naked body put up on walls.

You're not naked when your projected on the walls, your in your bra and knicks. Plus, its those kind of shock tactics that help you the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Gok Wan may be great with his fashion advice but i'm sorry i just can't take to him. I think he is one of the fakest people on tv. Like its just the way he goes on and if you read his column in the magazine Look, he's the very same. Can't stand him!

Advertisement