Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish to English translation help please

Options
  • 26-12-2008 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Please could someone translate this text message for me?

Quisiera senor en este ano sembrar un arbol dentro de mi corazon y colgar en el en vez de regalos el nombre de mis amigos los cercanos y los lejanos los antigous y los recientes los de horas dificiles y los de horas felices los que sin querer heri o sin querer me hirieron los que poco me deben y mucho les debo un arbol de raices profundas para que sus nombres nunca sean arrancados de mi vida y en lo mas alto de su cima estaras tu feliz ano nuevo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ElCrapula

Youve got a friend with a very poetic turn of phrase.I havent translated this directly(word for word),as it would not come across in the manner it was meant.I have tried to translate it as it would be said best in English.I hope it's OK.Im sure some more people will throw in their two cents worth and maybe give you a better understanding of the message.

Sir/Mr,I would like this year to plant a tree inside my heart,and to place,instead of gifts,the names of my friends.My friends who are near and those who are far away.Those old friendships and those just made.Those friends who have been there during the dificult times and those who have been with me during the happy times.Those I hurt unintentionally and those who unintentionally have hurt me.Those friends who owe me little and those to whom I owe much.
    A tree with deep roots,so their names will never be uprooted from my life and from whose highest peak, you will be happy this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Poutbutton

Thanks I had understood parts of it but not all, yes he is quite poetic! Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ElCrapula

Just one more thing,youll know better than me,but 'Senor' in this context MIGHT refer to God.The message is prayer-like in a respect so...............

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Poutbutton

I'd say that's because he sent it to my brother he was an old employee my bro helped out, nice message!

Advertisement