Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facial hair removal

Options
  • 26-12-2008 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi there

Looking for the best way of permanent hair removal for the upper lip. NOT going for waxing as it's not permanent! Anyone know anything about electrolisis or similar....

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from The Ladies Lounge

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Ive had electrolysis and laser. Lasers expensive but so worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Ive had electrolysis and laser. Lasers expensive but so worth it

Thinking of getting it done myself.

Does Laser actually work?

Is the hair removal permanent?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You can get home laser machines in boots, made by Rio, I'm not sure how good or effective they are though.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭acorntoast

Has anyone seen any good laser deals on offer at the moment? A friend of mine had it done and swore by it as an end to depilation forever. (or for at least a year or two ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Thinking of getting it done myself.

Does Laser actually work?

Is the hair removal permanent?

well ive only gotton two treatments so far, and it removed most the hair, downy hair is growing back but it was expected to and i did sign up for 6 treatments.

So far it seems to be going well, fingers crossed it lasts. Come back in 6 months and i can prob give you a better answer as ive only started:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

Electrolysis is effective but akes a long time. The needle has to be inserted into every hair follicle to kill the root of the hair so depending on where your getting it done can be sore and is genereally only done in small sections at a session.
    Laser is said to be permanent but it depends on the person. It is supposed to work better on dark hair as the laser picks up the colour better but i am very dark and went over 2 years every month and it didnt work for me. But that does not mean it wont work for you,out of all the different methods laser is best although extremely expensive.

Advertisement