Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats better....a fender strat. or a jackson js20 dinky ?

Options
  • 18-12-2008 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

guys.....my freind is really annoying me about this one !, and i wanna prove to him which is better but i would like you to decide ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

What strat? There is no better. Who are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

thats like asking whats better: a window or curry?

two totally different things

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭johnboy8

better for what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

If I forgot my tennis racquet, the strat every time. However, if I want to mix some vegetables in a tasty stir fry, it's the Jackson eno question. Short answer, they both rock! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

First and foremost which model of each guitar? Personally I'd say the strat, because its more versatile, better looking and has a stronger resale value. For playing metal and the likes, the Dinky is better though - BUT you could always get a HSS strat...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

It depends, they both have their pros & cons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Strat all the way.
    My most high end one, is amazing for blues jazz and all the clean and slightly crunchy stuff, then i just stick the pick ups to humbucking mode, and it beats the sh!t out of that jackson for metal.

But yeah, if i hadnt put in those pick ups, it would only really do for clean and slightly crunchy blues.
    Still think the start is nicer though.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

You forgot to say what colour they are ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

thats like asking whats better: a window or curry?

two totally different things

Yes but a curry is clearly better than a window

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Onkle wrote: »

I'm not so sure. What type of curry are you talking about? And a stained glass window can be quite sought after. There not really the same thing though.

It's like comparing a Fender Strat and a Jackson js20 :pac:

• Advertisement

It doesn't matter which one you eat, you'll end up with the hole ripped out of you! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

I love Jackson guitars, but the js series are pretty poor. Bad hardware and I don't like the necks on them compared to the rest of the Jackson line. The neck joints are massive too, which really sucks on a superstrat style guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

guys.....my freind is really annoying me about this one !, and i wanna prove to him which is better but i would like you to decide ...

Part of the problem with your post is that it implies that what a bunch of random guys on a forum think could constitute proof of something in the first place. :pac: Strats have more street cred 'cause Jimmy X used to play one. Tell your friend Eoin said so.

Curry won't keep the rain out, so I'm going to throw in my vote for Senator Window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Windows have a higher resale value though. Put a curry up on adverts and you'll get laughed at. But lots of people will buy a window, once you keep it in good condition.

Even a Mexican window would hold its value better than a curry.

What about a Mexican curry? :o

Dord wrote: »
    What about a Mexican curry? :o
    Bad idea. You'll be thankful your bathroom has windows after one of those, hence
    Windows > Curry
    /end thread

Ahhh you old schoolers with your Windows, why do you Luddites hate the new technology? Curry is the way forward, it's the 21st Century. Leo Fender may have made a Window but he didn't stop there. He progressed, he wanted curry, spicy curry, a madras at least.

Or you could have a window splattered with curry! :D

image017.jpg

Doctor J wrote: »
    Ahhh you old schoolers with your Windows, why do you Luddites hate the new technology? Curry is the way forward, it's the 21st Century. Leo Fender may have made a Window but he didn't stop there. He progressed, he wanted curry, spicy curry, a madras at least.

Cause you can't improve on perfection. Show me a curry than can help me see through walls. Maybe a vindaloo (I saw through time once), but definitely not a mere madras.

• Advertisement

You think technology stopped in 1955? No way, we've moved on, you need to get with the program. What's the point in seeing if you don't have a tasty and nutritious treat? Do you think Jimi Hendrix would still be looking out a window if he could get his taste buds around a modern balti? Curry ftw, no doubt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Balti Curry. You people are slaves to Brands. Check out the japanese market. They have far better curries at half the price. The spices are better and quality of the meats is just fantastic, not to mention the quality of the chefs. There usually hand made too. Of course they'll never taste like a Balti Curry :pac:

These guys make the best curries in the world. Cheaper than more popular brands too.

Link :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, curry
    homer.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 thedrunkleader

LOL! This is one of the funniest threads I've read in ages. For what it's worth I'm for the strat, but gimme a custom tele with a nice fat humbucker any day.

Quattroste wrote: »
    Of course they'll never taste like a Balti Curry :pac:

:D

I'm confused, are we still talking about guitars? :confused: :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Dord wrote: »
    I'm confused, are we still talking about guitars? :confused: :pac:

Of course not, where do you thing you are?
    ....:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

im sorry i ever posted the curry thing now :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement