Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessories for this dress please

Options
  • 18-12-2008 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭

Treated myself to this to wear on Christmas day. I was thinking of black boots with opaque tights. Don't know about jewellery. Bear in mind that I ain't no spring chicken. Christmas day will mean family calling to my house for drinks in the morning, calling to the in-laws and then walking round to friends house in the evening. So I've got to be comfortable.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

hi jos

i wouldnt wear to many accessories with that dress as it has a lot of pattern. i would go for something very simple cause as you said you want to be comfortable also. how about a small chain, plain or with something small on it. a pair of earings, again, small like pearls or small diamonds and a nice bling ring. love the bling rings! leave the bling ring mabye until the evening for the friends, that way you wont feel to overdressed for dinner and the bling will help with the party mood!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I'd agree with the post above - dont put too much accessories with that dress cos it has alot of pattern already

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks girls,
    I tried it with a single strand of pearls and small earrings and they really suited it. Not sure if I like the dress now though. Sh**, I hate buying clothes for me. I can shop for everyone else except myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I like that dress, it's very funky.

Another option might be one of those long chains in black with a bunch of little pendants hanging on it, like the kind Alexa Chung wears a lot. Maybe that's more casual though. I can't find a good picture of one of the web :o but they have them in Oasis and Accessorize!

Glad you like it Malari, funky was the look I was going for. I spent more than I usually would so maybe thats why I'm a bit apprehensive about it. I have some of those long black beads with loadsa bits hanging off them. I'll try those too.
    Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

chunky silver. not too much either a big bangle or big necklace or big earrings.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

LOVE that dress!! :)

think it will look great with boots and tights and i agreee about not too mch jewellery!!

Thanks everyone,
    Boots and tights it is so, with simple jewellery.
    Happy Christmas and thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

48258630_m.jpg + 38963760_m.jpg
    WITH
    48449356_m.jpg34814101_m.jpg
    And if you are wearing tights
    39613803_m1.jpg

Stuff like that would go well with that kinda dress, But thats just like a 5 second look up.. There all Monsoon, which is kinda folky itself.

Advertisement