Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAN NEEDS GIRLS HELP!!!

Options
  • 17-12-2008 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

:eek: hey ladies, i just spent hours in town looking for a present for my girlfriend for christmas, and came home with nothing! im so annoyed cos i cant find anything. i have a few small things like p.js, lancome clense tone moisture etc....so the thing is, i know she would love a big hold all bag as she is a teacher and would find great use, but which one, i only know she would like a black leather one, has anyone any ideas, im desperate here girls :( most ill spend is €500.....heellppp!!! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

weekend spa?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RyanAsh

can i suggest something romantic since the other two presents you've gotten are practical. Are ye going long? If not I would deffo say head towards romantic! A bag is so hard to choose for a woman, it'd be hard to get it right. So like the previous texter id recommend a spa but dont spend the money on a whole package like my poor bf did last year, its a bit of a waste of money, esp since the girl will be alone, one treatment is a better idea, so just a facial for example, in some spas they allow you to use all the facilities like pools sauna etc either side of the treatment so check that she can do that coz that really adds value to it. Or what about jewellery, never goes wrong with me, make sure you know if she wears gold or silver and dont get cheap stuff, proper jewellers or else she'll have a green arm/neck. Mac in BT are doing lovely gift sets of make up, the eyeshadow set is great, in two options warm or cold (warm if she wears gold, cold if she wears silver...its to do with skin tone I think) Her favourite chocolates or sweets is another good one. Vouchers kinda depend on the girl, i hate them for example coz they lack thoughfulness but my friend loves them so its a bit hit or miss, River Island is a good place to get them for or A-wear.

Hope that helps, think ive just been thinking about what I want from himself!! ha ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭macy9

If you live in dublin get her a voucher for a ''light therapy facial'' at Ann Mc Devitts on wicklow street.

Its literally to die for.

It costs EURO 95

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Amber 123

I'm a teacher too and I can defenitely relate to her wanting a big bag. Why not get her a big black leather one from somewhere nice, I use one from Louis Vuitton that I picked up in Brown Thomas years ago, its still in one piece and its perfect!. I don't think it would be hard to pick her a bag if you consider a few things. First, make sure its relatively plain. This is something she wants to use every day so sparkles and wild colours are a write off!. Secondly, make sure its big because we have so much to carry around but also feminine and pretty, something that will compliment any outfit and won't be out of style in six months. Black is great because it lasts and will never seem outdated. Let the brand name speak for itself by choosin something up or middle market. Perhaps Channel would be a bit much, but have you considered Jimmy Choo, Juicy Couture, L.A.M.B. or Mayle. If you go to a good shop that deals in upmarket brands there will most certainly be a shop assistant to give you a hand too.
    Good Luck!.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

Marks and Spencers have gorgeous travel bags that are huge, but are also compact enough to work as a really big handbag.. I have one, and love it to pieces! they come in black, pale pink, blue, green and white. They're leather too and retail I think at about 120. That gives you some extra cash to buy something romantic.. or just to go down the pub :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement