Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splurge or save on Cleanser and toner?

Options
  • 17-12-2008 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to know peoples thoughts on this. I will always spend money on getting a good quality moisturiser and foundation, but is it worth spending a lot on cleanser and toner? My thoughts have always been that they all do the same thing regardless of price and once you put a good moisturiser on afterwards a cheap cleanser was fine. Thoughts? Plus can anyone recommend a good cleanser for combination skin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

I save on cleanser and toner. Cetaphil is a great, gentle cleanser for combination skin, but I'm not sure if you can get it in Ireland. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

PillyPen wrote: »
    I save on cleanser and toner. Cetaphil is a great, gentle cleanser for combination skin, but I'm not sure if you can get it in Ireland. :(

You can get it here. I completely forgot I used it until you mentioned it! It was really good.

Twee. wrote: »
    You can get it here. I completely forgot I used it until you mentioned it! It was really good.

Where?? That's great! Lol, my mom's coming to visit after Christmas and I gave her a really looooooong list of things to bring me that I couldn't find here...Cetaphil was on it. But if I can find it here I'll tell her not to bother! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I got it in my local pharmacy. It was a cleanser/wash type thing. It'll probably be a lot cheaper if your mom brought it over though!

That's the truth. I'm having her bring over John Frieda Frizz-ease shampoo and conditioners because they costs twice as much here...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭stressed out

I dunno. It depends on your skin- if its normal I'm sure a cheap clenser is ok. I have the most awkward skin - dry, sensitive, oily zones, prone to breakouts, dry patches. But I use a dermalogica cleanser and it has completely transformed my skin, so for me anyway I woulnt skimp on the cleanser

Advertisement