Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know how to say.....

Options
  • 15-12-2008 10:50am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭

....if there was. Sí habriá is all I can think of. What is the conditional of hay?

I'm trying to say this:

Imagine that the world is a village consisting of 1000 people. In this village:
    500 will be women. In fact, there should be 510, but because they were girls, they were aborted, killed as babies or died of neglect.
    167 women will be subjected to violence during their lives. Of these, 100 women will be raped, or will experience an attempted rape.

If anyone knows any of that in Spanish I would be very grateful!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ElCrapula

I havent used the language in a while now so forgive the rustiness.The conditional would be 'Si hubiera'.As for the passage you gave,this is how I would translate it.Between my translation and your own you should achieve something passable.

Imaginase,el mundo es un pueblo que tiene 1000 habitantes.En dicho pueblo,hay 500 mujeres.De hecho,deberian ser 510,pero debido de ser mujeres han estado abortadas,matadas durante la nineza o murieron por descuido.
    167 mujeres se encontraran las victimas de la violencia a lo largo de sus vidas.De ese cifra,100 se estaran violadas o se experimentaran la tentativa de violacion.

When I say the last two sentences back to myself,something doesnt sound right about it but I think its ok.Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 daisk

Imagínese que el mundo es un pueblo que tiene 1000 habitantes.En dicho pueblo,hay 500 mujeres. De hecho, deberían ser 510, pero por ser mujeres fueron abortadas, matadas cuando eran bebés o las dejaron morir.
    167 mujeres serán víctimas de la violencia a lo largo de sus vidas. De esa cifra,100 serán violadas o sufrirán un intento de violación.

If there was
    >Si hubiera

Hope it's not too late...

Advertisement