Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GHD Virgin

Options
  • 14-12-2008 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

Am thinking of getting a ghd, but for someone with mad curly hair, are they really worth it. Do I need to blow dry my hair straight and then finish off, or can I just blow dry hair any old way I fancy? Never blow dried my hair straight myself - only had that done in the salon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

If your hair is really curly you'll most likely have to blow dry it straight then finish it off with an iron. Bummer, I know. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I had quite curly hair and it used to drive me bonkers, hated it. Used a good few straighteners and it never really straightened my hair properly. Then I bought a GHD. You don't need to dry your hair straight first with the hairdryer, just dry it whatever way you want and then use the GHD and it'll be lovely and straight.

The thing is though be prepared to probably say goodbye to your big curly hair if you start using the GHD regularly - I only barely need to GHD my hair now after blow drying it (and I just dry it, I don't dry it straight etc!), the GHD has knocked all the curl out of my hair and practically permanently straightened it!

As they say the grass is always greener on the other side and I miss the volume that I had when my hair was curly but oh well! Defo buy the GHD, Peter Mark have cool pink ones and purple ones at the moment I think! Oh and get a heat protector spray when using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Thanks for your replies. My brother has said he will get me one as combined birthday/Christmas present for me :D. I have given him the hqhair website to order from, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭lolly.o

If you have very curly hair you should get the GHD with the wider plates - will save you a lot of time as you can do more hair with it....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I guess a GHD is a good a way as any to lose your virginity. Please make sure it is turned off first though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 puppydoggrowl

Sangre wrote: »
    I guess a GHD is a good a way as any to lose your virginity. Please make sure it is turned off first though.

ow!LOL:p

I have mad curly hair and its quite long too and the GHD works a treat(although it does take a bit of time!). I only use it about once or twice a month and i never have any problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

lolly.o wrote: »
    If you have very curly hair you should get the GHD with the wider plates - will save you a lot of time as you can do more hair with it....

I have the wider one and while it does save time, it is nigh on impossible to straighten a fringe with it. I've had both a full fringe & a side fringe and can straighten neither. Had to get the normal sized ones so that I could do my fringe!

I don't have a fringe, so no problems there :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Thanks for your replies. My brother has said he will get me one as combined birthday/Christmas present for me :D. I have given him the hqhair website to order from, lol.

Nice brother!

I'm lucky to get a kick in the arse from mine for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭mizzzy

its good..but once you get one..it wrecks your hair...esp if you dye your hair or have highlights:eek:!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Get this ... Ive been going on and on and on since september about wanting the ghd for xmas ........ (i've got several straighteners but i want a ghd), anyway my OH tells me the other day he has decided to get me something better other than a ghd! ARGH how stupid are men ... apart from the OPs brother.
    I'll have to fork out for it myself now. Argh.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

She Devil wrote: »
    Get this ... Ive been going on and on and on since september about wanting the ghd for xmas ........ (i've got several straighteners but i want a ghd), anyway my OH tells me the other day he has decided to get me something better other than a ghd! ARGH how stupid are men ... apart from the OPs brother.
    I'll have to fork out for it myself now. Argh.

maybe it's TWO GHDs !? ;)

Maybe your OH wants to go for the surprise element. No worry about that with big bro's though, lol. He is going to try and get me the Salon ones, and failing that the standard ones :D

Advertisement