Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Economics

Options
  • 14-12-2008 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I want to do a masters in economics but only got a 2-2 degree, options are going to ucc (where you do it with a 2-2) study abroad or do a pre masters in tcd/ucd (so that takes 2 years), the ucc masters seems quite different from ucd/tcd in the subjects and areas of study, the question is , is there much difference in quality/reputation between ucc and ucd programme?

Comments

I'd imagine the programme in UCD has a better rep, particularly internationally.

I'm not certain there is a pre-masters in TCD. No idea about UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

UCD MA will have a much better reputation internationally, and yes there's a one-year course you can do before entering the MA if you don't have the standard admission requirements.

As for reputation in Ireland, it depends what you want to do. If you're thinking a civil service type of job, there's no difference between UCD or UCC. If you want to do more "real economics" like in the Central Bank, then it may make a difference. I expect your grades would matter most, though.

Advertisement