Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant to do an Msc in the U.K?

Options
  • 13-12-2008 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭

Hi all just wondering is it possible to get any sort of assistance or grant to do an Msc in the U.K? I looked at Studentfinance.ie but it's a bit confusing regarding studying abroad. Thanks in advance

Comments

At the moment no is the answer. Postgraduate assistance (grants etc.) are only given to courses in Ireland, not abroad. There may be bursuries available in the college itself so it's worth exploring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i dunnno about science courses, but i know for example the ahrc (arts & humanities research council) do grants/subsidies to help pay fees for arts related courses, i assume there's something similar for science stuff. check out the website of the university you're applying to and see what it says. there should be links to various research councils, and you apply directly to them for funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭kob29

Nope not unless there are specific bursaries available for particular research masters or something. But a general masters not a thing available

Advertisement