Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lipstick

Options
  • 11-12-2008 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭

What do you use? Lipstick or lipgloss? Which brands do you use?

I've only recently been able to find a lipstick in a colour that suited me. I don't like wearing lipgloss out with the OH cos it's just so sticky!

Ooh also, is there any magical thing (like a base or something) that makes lipstick last longer?

So recommendations?? Thanks ladies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Lining your lips with a lip pencil helps the colour stay.

There's also those long lasting lipsticks which do stay on but I don't like them myself as the make my lips dry but for a party or wedding they are great to use.

The best lipgloss I found is MAC lip gellees (jellies). They aren't sticky at all and give a great shine. I love Slinked Pink. They don't give a huge amount of colour but they are the best I've found so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Best thing to do to avoid that 'sticky' gloss feeling is to use a lip pencil instead and just blend it in with a coat of vaseline/lip balm. More natural looking and you dont get that manky 'gloopy' feeling. *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I've recently taken to using benetint/lip tints in general, then lip balm/vaseline over it if I'm going for glossy! Found it works the best.. <3 benetint though!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Aoibheann wrote: »
    I've recently taken to using benetint/lip tints in general, then lip balm/vaseline over it if I'm going for glossy! Found it works the best.. <3 benetint though!

Yeah I use benetint too but you have to make sure your lips are in really good condition, otherwise you end up with tinted cracks in your lips for days afterwards!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I use Clarins lipstick in a pale pinky colour. Lasts pretty well and feel nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

+1 for Clarins, lovely stuff.

For lipstick I like the Rimmel ones, they smell nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I use a lip liner and benetint. Then usually use bodyshop gloss which tastes and smell yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i generally put lipstick on them throw lipgloss on over it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I use lipstick and lipliner, Chanel and Mac - they last ages...

I hate lip gloss...My hair always get stuck in it.. YUK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

I love lipsticks and lip glosses. Lining lips is helpful in making the l/s last longer. Also, if you put concealer on your lips before lining/putting on the l/s, that helps a lot as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

i generally put lipstick on them throw lipgloss on over it

I do that too! It's good if you're wearing a lipstick that is quite a deep colour if you wnna calm it down a bit just put a lighter lip gloss over it - i love 'whisper' by no.7:)

Advertisement