Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRCHSS Query

Options
  • 10-12-2008 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hey Guys,
    I a first year M.Phil in History and was thinking of applying for the IRCHSS PhD programme. I love my area of History etc. I attended talks held for IRCHSS and our College held on how to write a good application.One thing emphasised was excellence, previous academic achievement such as awards, scholarships, etc. Now, I've scored generally high 2.1Hs and sometimes 1Hs during my undergraduate degree. I've never been awarded any scholarships or awards in College. I just wondering do I stand a chance? Is there any point in applying? I'm going to be up against people with awards and 1Hs etc.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Yes you have a chance, its the project itself that is key. Since you were at talks already you probably already know there is a high proportion of applicants from a history background, so the main thing is to make your application as unique and attractive as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭COH

Definatley go for it!

Advertisement