Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Contest - Awards valued at $38,000

Options
  • 10-12-2008 9:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Agora Gallery of New York City is pleased to announce the 24th Chelsea International Fine Art Competition 2009. Awards valued at Thirty Eight Thousand dollars ($38,000) will be distributed as follows: exhibition at our New York art gallery, cash awards, Internet exposure and publicity in ARTisSpectrum magazine.

The exhibition will take place in Chelsea, New York City. The gallery/artist split will be 50/50. In the spirit of giving, 25% of Agora Gallery's proceeds of sales resulting from the competition exhibition will be donated to Art Start an award-winning, nationally recognized program helping underprivileged youth and teens.

Visit http://www.agora-gallery.com/competition/art_contest_main.aspx to enter online or download the art contest submission form.

Calendar

February 5th 2009 - Competition opens
    March 10th 2009 - Submission deadline
    March 20th 2009 - Results announced
    August 14th 2009 through September 2nd 2009- Exhibition for the selected artists

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Be wary of these guys they are what is known as a "vanity gallery" - they charge a large fee for you to exhibit them and will show any old art regardless of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Yeah I got approached by them & when the fee to exhibit came up I said no way. They tried to say ti was basically the only way to get your art into NY, but it's such a risk & wouldn't look good on the aul CV to be honest as I'm sure they're well known for that in NY

Advertisement