Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring to US masters?

Options
  • 08-12-2008 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

I am based stateside but thought doing my masters by distance in Ireland would be better, due to costs and knowing the professors and standards. The lack of communication and lack of resources readily available is becoming a pain and I am beginning to think it would be easier for me to transfer. Has anyone ever transferred from a Irish to a US masters? Any advice on this? Do the credits transfer easily?

I have a Prof from a University close by, with whom I have made contact and visited me at my place of work, helping me out. I am meeting him and grad students next week and the University. Any advice is welcome...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

It really all depends what discipline you're in.

I know for a fact that very few 'reputable' US universities offer distance programmes, but several options are available to you via UK institutions.

Again, without knowing what particular field you're involved in, it's hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

It really all depends what discipline you're in.

I know for a fact that very few 'reputable' US universities offer distance programmes, but several options are available to you via UK institutions.

Again, without knowing what particular field you're involved in, it's hard to know.

Mechanical Engineering at U Mass, Amherst. It is close to me so it would NOT be by distance, that is the point. I would be transferring from a DCU program.

Advertisement