Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Effects training

Options
  • 07-12-2008 4:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭

Howdy. With the new year coming up, I want to educate myself a little more and since I'm in animation, I've decided to get some education in Adobe After Effects. While I've got enough tutorials to spend hours reading and watching, I'm also looking to see if there are any courses available that can help.

I've seen one in the New Media Technology College that teaches After Effects, the reports I've heard about the college aren't that favorable. Has anyone experience of this course or any other courses that might help. Thanks in advance for reading this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

Hi,ive done a few on line courses with Lynda.com,Pro Tools and Final Cut,they have loads, all interactive with downloadable exercise files,really very good,i know they do the one your interested in,fees can be paid monthly or yearly,24/7 access,check it out and see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Howdy. With the new year coming up, I want to educate myself a little more and since I'm in animation, I've decided to get some education in Adobe After Effects. While I've got enough tutorials to spend hours reading and watching, I'm also looking to see if there are any courses available that can help.

I've seen one in the New Media Technology College that teaches After Effects, the reports I've heard about the college aren't that favorable. Has anyone experience of this course or any other courses that might help. Thanks in advance for reading this.
    'Total training' is a good resource, as is 'Lynda.com' more than you need once you are self motivated. Most courses are worth looking into to determine if they are what you need if you need the discipline involved i.e. You have to pass them by a certain deadline.

In your case I would say go for the online tutorials, as an excercise I would recommend that you design your own objective and use the tutorials to achieve the objecitives that you set for yourself. There might be good courses out there, but the one you design and learn and work for youself through tutorials could be the best and most economical for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

The stuff on lynda.com is pretty decent, i would also suggest getting Creating Motion Graphics with After Effects - Trish & Chris Meyers - Their books are certainly one of the best resources to have.

Another book i enjoyed was Creative After Effect 7 - Angie Taylor, saw her demoing some stuff at IBC a few years ago and as the name suggest it showed a somewhat different side to AE than covered in the other book. Dunno if this book has been updated to for the cs version.

Then once you feel comfortable with AE, videocopilot is possible _the_ best AE sites out there with loads of tutorials where you will see how to use after effects in real world situations.

Advertisement