Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of this style for a man?

Options
  • 27-11-2008 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hey all,

Just wanted a few opinions on this outfit / style of dress...

It's the last photo here:

http://www.selected.com/campaign/selectedhomme/

On a side note, does anybody know where I can get gloves like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

The only thing I really dislike about the last picture is having the trousers tucked into the boots. It just looks really homeless-person or something... I think I'd prefer the gloves underneath the sleeves too... But other than that I like it! :)

If I was to pick a style just from that page I'd go with the 3rd or 6th picture probably. I really like the 6th.

No idea where you'd get the gloves mind you. Sorry I can't be of more help!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

fonpokno wrote: »
    The only thing I really dislike about the last picture is having the trousers tucked into the boots. It just looks really homeless-person or something... I think I'd prefer the gloves underneath the sleeves too... But other than that I like it! :)

If I was to pick a style just from that page I'd go with the 3rd or 6th picture probably. I really like the 6th.

Cheers for your response!

Yeah I actually like them all (almost, not sure about the blue blazer in the 9th!) from that page!

Yeah I thought the blazer was a bit dodgy myself... Absolutely love the coat in the 6th though. It's just got a lovely cut to it.

Not a big fan of the 4th pic either looking at it again. Homeless trousers tucked into boots again, don't like the coat and the shirt is awful! In my humble opinion that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

4th pic and final pic are essentially homeless-chic - wouldn't be a fan of either, but I know lots of people who can pull it off. If you can't pull it off though, which would be a majority of us, you end up looking like a bit of a tosser :D

Fonpokno: with you on the coat in the 6th - have a similar 3/4 length style coat, the trick with them always seems to be finding one thats tailored just slightly at the waist - sits nicer, flairs out slightly more, looks waaaay more stylish. Looking at that, I want that one though - mines more of a dress coat whereas the collar on thats much more casual.

Would say, though, the one thing about number 3 is that the jacket with sleeves up looks incredibly retro, and once again runs the risk of looking like a bit of a plonker. But maybe thats just me.

Would say, though, the one thing about number 3 is that the jacket with sleeves up looks incredibly retro, and once again runs the risk of looking like a bit of a plonker. But maybe thats just me.

Yeah, if you were in any way bigger I reckon you'd end up looking like a spanner. You'd have to look pretty much like the guy they have modelling! But it's still kinda cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Its a very stylish look, hope you have the confidence to wear it, I do!:D Dont like the whole trousers tucked into the boots deal either, reminds me of being in lifestyle sports!! Pic 3 is a class look!!

Yeah the trousers tucked in thing I don't like!

Anybody know where I can get the gloves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

They all look well. Waistcoats and blazers dressed down always look sexy on a guy in my opinion. Facial hair goes well with it too .. and nice runners or old boots. I've seen a few guys with that kinda style and its normally runners they have on. I can't get my head round guys in skinny jeans though.. not my cup of tea personally. Although they aren't really skinny jeans.. Its the tucking in that threw me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

I like that picture set i have to say. I'm not a fan of the tucked in trousers look at all and i agree when people say it looks homeless. I really like No.3, No.6, No.7. Although the short sleeve blazer is slightly risky..... i'd opt for full length sleeves if i had the choice! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Why does he look so angry?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Not fussy on the blue jacket as said and short sleeves but rest of outfits are dressy, casual and cool .

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

bret69 wrote: »
    Yeah the trousers tucked in thing I don't like!

Nor me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

You might get gloves like that in the likes of Topman or River Island. Maybe H&M but i'm not entirely sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I dress like the 4th and 6th pic quite a bit. Like blazers/sports jackets with jeans too. You really can't go wrong with simple, classic stuff no matter what age you are.

The boot tuck-ins ruin some of the pics though. It looks woeful. And the trouser roll-ups too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Hate the gloves, hate the annoying big jumper collar coming up out of the jacket, not gone on the tucked-in trous (only works with jeans, and even then it's a bit '70s graphic designer), and you'd have to practise that cross look in the mirror.

He looks like a man who takes himself awfully seriously. Not, perhaps, the perfect look to go for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

luckat wrote: »
    He looks like a man who takes himself awfully seriously.

He's being paid to model clothing.

You don't generally see them pulling clown faces and doing cartwheels.

I've actually found a lot of this type of style in Zara!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

nothing like dressy/smart clothes on a beardy man :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

The only thing I really dislike about the last picture is having the trousers tucked into the boots.

Yeh im not a fan either. Also the glove/sleeve thing looks a bit silly!

No.3, 6 and 7 are my favourites (especially no.6!! yum!) Actually no.6 seems to be the consensus isnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

No.6 is the best look I think. That coat is pretty cool looking. :cool: :)

3, 6 & 7 defo seem to be the ones everyone likes, especially no 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The pants and jacket are fine, cut and colour wise. I don't like the look as a whole though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

bret69 wrote: »
    Anybody know where I can get the gloves?

Got a pair of gloves like that in Topman today :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Not really a fan, tbh. I know Penneys did gloves like that a while back. Not sure whether they still have them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tattooannie

Sorry to sound antsy but trousers tucked into boots is very fashinable at the moment.

Thats not to say it always looks great - you have to have a certain look to pull it off I think.

I love the look overall. You can get GORGEOUS mens black leather gloves in All Saints in Powerscourt or in Zara for men upstairs on Henry st.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tattooannie

nothing like dressy/smart clothes on a beardy man :P

BA-ZING!:rolleyes:

Advertisement