Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBA scholarships

Options
  • 26-11-2008 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hey y'all,
    Just want to find out a few things about MBA's. Does anyone know if there are any scholarships available for MBA's either in TCD, UCD or in the USA.
    Also, how come an MBA takes 2 years in the US and 1 year in Ireland (possibly may have got my facts wrong on this one)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

terencemc wrote: »
    Hey y'all,
    Just want to find out a few things about MBA's. Does anyone know if there are any scholarships available for MBA's either in TCD, UCD or in the USA.
    Also, how come an MBA takes 2 years in the US and 1 year in Ireland (possibly may have got my facts wrong on this one)

Cheers

I'm pretty sure Smurfit offer some scholarships for their MBA program (in fact see here for example), and I would imagine TCD probably do as well.

On the two year versus one year thing, it all depends on personal preference. Both options have benefits.

The two year programs cost more, but may be attractive to someone who wants to try and change careers as the chance to do a summer internship can be very helpful. You'll probably get an equal academic education from both types of MBA, but you could perhaps argue that the additional experiences available in a two year program might be beneficial.

Hope that helps...

Advertisement