Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

painting from a photo

Options
  • 25-11-2008 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im about to start a painting of a room from a photo. The photo of the garage I have is very interesting, but in looking at the perspective of the photo, should it be changed for a painting? Ive heard something I think that a perspective should have vertical lines. I dont want my finished painting to scream that it was painted from a photo I took. Ive attached a line drawing of the photo I took. Must it be changed or is the perspective ok? I really love the shot by the way, and would not like to change it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,181 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ben bedlam wrote: »
    Hi,
    Im about to start a painting of a room from a photo. The photo of the garage I have is very interesting, but in looking at the perspective of the photo, should it be changed for a painting? Ive heard something I think that a perspective should have vertical lines. I dont want my finished painting to scream that it was painted from a photo I took. Ive attached a line drawing of the photo I took. Must it be changed or is the perspective ok? I really love the shot by the way, and would not like to change it

If you're doing it for you, who cares....?

The line drawing looks reasonably okay - a bit lowdown, perhaps, but nothing wrong with that - but the actual photo would help. I think straightneing one of verticals would help, as well as the underside of the window.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

I agree with Ikky poo2 on the vertical on the right of the window needs to be straight and the line at the bottom of the window needs to follow the floor line more..

Go for it.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 inugie

I dont agree that you should change the lines randomly, if they were taken from a photo, they should be perfect. Check this by lenghtening all the horisontals on the x plane - they should all meet in one point, same with the y plane and same with the vertical z plane (harder to do as they will extend past the paper.) It looks as though the right hand floor line is way out so check it again. I did a quick sketch to explain.

Inugie

Advertisement