Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get size G Engagement ring?

Options
  • 24-11-2008 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Is there anywhere in Ireland (or would also be willing to go to London/South East England) that would have engagement rings in size G? Have checked a whole loada shops including main ones (H Samual, F Hinds, Ernest Jones, and more) smallest they supply is I or J. My local jeweller said he did not think anywhere in Ireland supplied engagement rings as small as a G and that it would probably have to be made. I wouldn't want to have a bigger one resized as it weakens the band (despite what anyone says) and I'm superstitious about breaking the band.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭keyes

ttbee wrote: »
    My local jeweller said he did not think anywhere in Ireland supplied engagement rings as small as a G and that it would probably have to be made. I wouldn't want to have a bigger one resized as it weakens the band (despite what anyone says) and I'm superstitious about breaking the band.

it'd be unusual, G is very small.

to be honest it'll have to be sized. it does not weaken the band at all, dunno where you got that idea from.

as for the superstition, consider that over the course of her life, her hand will change size. at some point it will need to be sized up, which will mean "breaking" the band. it's a very common thing, all rings need sizing from time to time.

Advertisement