Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ankle socks on males..

Options
  • 23-11-2008 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Do they look funny?

I sometimes wear them to the gym but just realised they look kinda.... girly.

Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Well during the summer I wear them(with shorts etc) as having socks pulled up towards your knee looks goofy tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

johnk123 wrote: »
    having socks pulled up towards your knee looks goofy tbh
    I was staying in the same hotel as the late great Joe Dolan on holidays in Thailand back in the nineties. Around the pool, he used to wear white shorts, white socks up to the knee and black slip-on shoes! :eek: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

tbh i think there kinda girlie espcially if your playing any sport or in the gym cant say im a fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Always wear them. Can't be wearin sports socks with shorts or boardies! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

They are fine if you're wearing sporty footwear. Everyone in my local gym wears them. I don't think anyone sees them as girly OP, just practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Guy in my class wears them..i think it looks yuck..wears them with jeans and dubes or runners..thumbs down for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

I was staying in the same hotel as the late great Joe Dolan on holidays in Thailand back in the nineties. Around the pool, he used to wear white shorts, white socks up to the knee and black slip-on shoes! :eek: :)

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

dubes??? where i come from that's what we call condoms. and socks should be the first thing you take off when it's business time

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

Slightly off topic...but the range of socks for men is pathetic in my opinion. In most shops you get a choice of the usual black/grey/beige...RTE socks-that criss-cross design that looks like a test-pattern and "wild and wacky" with pink polka dots, Taz, Homer Simpson etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I wear em all the time.

Xav we're like twins. Although i'm alot colder in this country in shorts...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I dont think they look girly at all, and they're practical

I wear them cos with most sport socks the ankles are too tights, so they feel uncomfortable

And nearly ankle socks are made from cotton, so you dont get smelly feet :P

Guys wearing slip-on canvas shoes with NO socks

Now thats girly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

IMHO I think there faily ghey looking on fella's. How many lads that wear ankle socks wear pink tops also? now thats ghey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Beerlao wrote: »
    dubes??? where i come from that's what we call condoms. and socks should be the first thing you take off when it's business time

Not if they're your business socks..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

They're all right for the gym, but I wouldn't wear them anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

Is anybody else annoyed by the way that in some shops now you can't buy one pair of socks on its own any more? You have to buy three..or more! So,sometimes you get one you like and two you don't. The same with underwear too. M&S and Arnotts are just two of the offenders. Grrrrr:mad:

Advertisement