Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

proposing

• 06-11-2008 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I want to propose to my girlfriend the weekend before Christmas. I’m about to book flights to go to Antwerp, the thing is we can only go on a Friday, so that means that we would have all day Friday and Saturday in Antwerp to view rings and buy one. Is this enough time? Also it’s going to be a surprise so I was thinking of proposing to her in a park in Dublin after she finishes work on the Thursday and then going straight to the airport, its not really how I wanted to do it but with the time constraints its the only way I can think of. Has anyone any other ideasThanks for your advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

You don't necessarily have to buy the ring in Antwerp do you? You could always wait and take your time buying one in Dublin when you get back, no point rushing.

I think the best way to propose would be to train one of the ducks or geese in the park to walk over with the ring in it's mouth...it will be a challenge and of course a risk, but well worth it when you pull it off ;) Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pat30

Yes I was thinking about training the ducks but they are north inner city ducks so there's not much chance of getting the ring back :)

I'd like to have the ring for xmas and from reading other posts antwerp seems to be much cheaper than Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

I think I read somewhere that the ring shops in Antwerp dont open Saturdays but maybe it was just a few of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pat30

Yes some of them don't like Phillipe Harold's but I'm going to book him for Friday morning, and than go to the others on Friday afternonn and Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭bensoneb

Hi Pat30,

Your plans sound fab, you'll certainly sweep her off her feet! If I were you, I would look while you're there as the choosing is an amazing experience. However, if you don't find anything, you can always look when you get home and the whole process lasts even longer, fantastic!!!!

have a great time!

• Advertisement
Advertisement