Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Ireland RDS 14-16th Nov '08

Options
  • 04-11-2008 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Has anyone had anyone ever had any experience of exhibiting or visiting this Art Fair before? I believe its expensive to take part burt it seems to attract a pretty healthy crowd, and I wonder would it be worth it to spend the money?

www.artireland.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

Hi,
    I've visited a few times and really enjoyed it. I would exhibit if I had enough work that I think would sell quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I notice that TC Murphy isnt exhibitioning ? it looks like most if not all of the artists that put their stuff up outside merrion square are involved and a couple of galleries - why should I pay money to visit this when most of the exhibits are available for free (galleries and Merrion Square) - not trying to spoil the thread just voicing my opinion and commenting on the exhibition - Personally I have visited this in the past - while its is great to see all that art in one place - the whole thing can be seen at different times in different places for free....this year , I certainly wont be going. (Unless I get paid to)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

PCPhoto wrote: »
    I notice that TC Murphy isnt exhibitioning ? it looks like most if not all of the artists that put their stuff up outside merrion square are involved and a couple of galleries - why should I pay money to visit this when most of the exhibits are available for free (galleries and Merrion Square) - not trying to spoil the thread just voicing my opinion and commenting on the exhibition - Personally I have visited this in the past - while its is great to see all that art in one place - the whole thing can be seen at different times in different places for free....this year , I certainly wont be going. (Unless I get paid to)

I think you can sign up for free tickets. I got some for the last show because I joined a mailing list at the first one I went to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

rosyposy wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Has anyone had anyone ever had any experience of exhibiting or visiting this Art Fair before? I believe its expensive to take part burt it seems to attract a pretty healthy crowd, and I wonder would it be worth it to spend the money?

www.artireland.ie

I participated some years ago, it cost me €1,800 for the weekend. Everything else was extra; if I needed sockets for lighting, €150. If I needed to use their credit card facility, they charged 10%. By chance, my booth happened to be under the RDS lights, so I didnt need extra lighting. I had a pretty strong bunch of paintings, and I broke even, thanks to people I knew calling by and purchasing. My tip would be to do your own shows... hotels are a good start, plus it would cost you a hell of alot less. There are plenty of other house-and-home type fairs around the country where your booth would stand out. Although it was v interesting to see all the partcipating artists under one roof, the amount of exhibitors present, make it more difficult to stand out; your work could be strong, but you could easily be overlooked. My advice, dont bother...

Advertisement