Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Imagination To Page.....?

Options
  • 29-10-2008 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

I have alot of trouble putting whats in my head down on paper. I get great Ideas for paintings and projects but always abandon them as I think I will not be able to draw them.

I find I hold myself back artistically alot as I am afraid of getting something wrong or doing a bad painting. I am to reserved to let my imagination run wild. Any ideas how to let go of this mind set. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Ellechim

the only way to find out if you can do it is to do it. You do need to understand that the onlyl way you'll get better is with practice. Perhaps looking at each piece as a practice run for the real thing might take the pressure off yourself.....

Start with small steps and don't set yourself big challenges. Say perhaps you'll just paint for 10 minutes and then put everything aside.

You could spend your whole life wondering 'will it be good enough?'.....and get to your deathbed and have produced nothing..........

Advertisement