Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Actors wanted for short film (january)

Options
  • 24-10-2008 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I'm new to the site, but thought I might have some luck here.

I am producing a short film entitled Heavy Issues set for production in late January and am looking for actors for the lead roles. It will be shot in the north Wicklow area. It is a student short so not much money is involved, but hopefully it will benefit everyone's showreel and possibly be shown at film festivals. I had auditions for the roles recently but no one seemed suitable for the roles (particularly the part of Bob), perhaps someone here might feel suitable.

The plot is about an overweight man named Bob who goes to a hypnotherapist to try lose weight but ends up having his food start talking to him.

With that in mind, these are the roles I am looking to fill:

Bob:
    Male, 25-35, overweight, unconfident in himself and slightly OCD.

Doctor Leary:
    Male, 45-65, cares more about the money than his patients.

If you feel you may be right for either part, please contact me at
    richmwaters@gmail.com
    with any info about yourself you can give.
    For examples of some of my other work, please see www.youtube.com/rmwaters

Thank you for your time.

Richard Waters
    richmwaters@gmail.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RMWaters

Hi, just wanted to update this.
    I've had luck finding one of my lead actors, but am still having trouble finding the main role of Bob. If you or anyone you know might be interested, please get in touch with me by e-mail or PM. Thanks.

The film is a dark comedy short about an overweight man named Bob who goes to a hypnotherapist to try lose weight but ends up having his food start talking to him.

This is what I'm looking for:

Bob:
    Male, 25-35, overweight, unconfident in himself and slightly OCD.

If you feel you may be right for either part, please contact me at
    richmwaters@gmail.com
    with any info about yourself you can give.
    For examples of some of my other work, please see www.youtube.com/rmwaters

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RMWaters

I've got my 2 leads sorted now. Thanks everyone who helped out.

I'll keep y'all posted on the film when it's done.

Thanks!

Advertisement