Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudimentary video editing possible on Dell Mini 9 (or other small Atom netbook)?

Options
  • 23-10-2008 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm thinking of using a Dell Mini 9 for blogging on an extended (1 year) road trip.

I'm thinking of upgrading the solid state drive from 16GB to 64GB.The idea is to use a couple of ruggedized external USB hard drives (250 or 320GB) to store video and photos on the go.

I'm keen on these mini PCs with solid state hard drives as it appears they're more able to survive a few knocks.

The Dell mini 9 would be used to tag/label photos, reduce their size for upload to Flickr and the originals would be then stored on the external hard drive.

Likewise I'd like to be able to edit short videos for uploading to YouTube. This would primarily involve cutting and piecing together clips and rendering in a format suitable for upload.

My questions are:
    - what lightweight (non bloat ware) video editing software might be suitable for this
    - would be Atom CPU be capable of doing simple video editing tasks

Thanks for your advice!

Advertisement