Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bestbridalprices.com

• 20-10-2008 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Has anyone ever bought anything from bestbridalprices.com?
    The prices on there are amazing and very cheap to ship to ireland.
    5 dress's E190. :D:D:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Plastic Scouser

I bought a dress from them. Very reasonable prices. Just a few things to bear in mind:

1. Where it says delivery in 6 to 8 weeks (for example) it'll be 8 weeks at the least - they'll send it out at 8 weeks (for example) and then it'll take a week or more to get from the states to Ireland.

So, order it in plenty of time.

2. You will have to pay customs duty in cash on the day of delivery to the courier/delivery company.

3. I would strongly recommend going to a shop and taking a look at/trying on the dresses you're considering - you should see how they look in 'real life' if possible, before making your purchase. (Often they look very different from the photo - in particular the fabric quality can be hard to determine.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Hiya OP,

I didn't buy my dress from there, but bought it from a different website (pm me and I can send you the link). Buying dresses online is the way forward. My dress was made of quality satin and beautiful lacey material for a fraction of the price.

Just don't be fooled by anyone telling you to buy from a shop, even to get some stupid designer label. A number of bridal shops buy in their dresses for a couple of hundred quid from China then mark it up to a couple of grand. Some have also been known to sew in a designer label and maybe change one button to be able to say it was a designers. Cut out the middleman and buy online yourself!

Best of luck! And Congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I didn't buy from that website either but bought from another American one - www.jaysbridal.net - highly recommend it. I saved over 1,000 eur on my dress and its identical to the one I tried on here. Hard to believe there can be such a difference in a dress that comes from the same designers warehouse!

As someone said I would definitely make sure to try on the dresses first, and also include customs in your calculations - I had mine posted to a friend in the States first and then onto me so avoided the customs, but worth calculating in in cse you do have to pay it. Its normally a third of the total purchase price (including the postage costs).

Advertisement