Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Spanish for the hearing impaired?

Options
  • 15-10-2008 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm partially deaf and I was wondering if there are any resources out there for learning spanish for the hearing impaired?

I'll explain what I mean....I've tried learning spanish in a few different setting.....
    Learning from tapes/cds is no good for me as I need to lip-read people to understand then
    Likewise, I also need to see written down what people are saying to me even if I can lip read them, because I'm unfamiliar with lip-reading spanish! so I find even in a classroom setting, it's very difficult for me to follow what is going on.

Private lessons would work best, but they are SO expensive, and I was hoping more for maybe a DVD/Book set as I would prefer to learn in my own time (I travel a lot so I'm never in one place long enough to find someone to converse with) and if I could See the people talking, as well as hear them, it would help me inmmensely.

Any thoughts/ opinions on this topic would be great, thanks!

Advertisement