Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Quality Face Paint Supplies

Options
  • 15-10-2008 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to a masked ball in about a week, and I've decided that instead of buying a mask, I'm going to paint my face and embellish with glitter and feathers (possibly attached to my hair, or maybe my face).

I'd love to know where I can get some decent quality face paint, and if possible, some sort of skin glue (to stick one or two small feathers to my face possibly).

I know I've seen it in art shops before, but I can't remember where, and it would be ideal if I could just head straight to one or two places this weekend and pick up everything I'll need.

If anyone has any recommendations, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Make-up Forever on Clarendon Street might stock some body paint and also maybe MAC on Grafton Street. There's a joke shop near the Gaiety that may have good face paint. And also try the art and hobby shop - there's one in the Jervis S.C. A good make is called Fardel but it's quite expensive and I dunno if it can be bought here. (I bought it from Screenface in London). Mehron is another make which I've used before. You could mention these makes when in the shops.

As for face glue, you could try using false eyelash glue. I'd recommend the Duo Adhesive glue in Clear which you can get in MAC. There is a brand called Ben Nye that does Prosthetic Adhesive which might be sold in Make-up Forever but unless you're going to use a lot of it, probably isn't worth getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Just found this website http://www.playlightireland.com/

You could pick up a few things there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Snazaroo is pretty good. Not sure where you can get it in Dublin. Maybe Sullivans on Aungier st, or the Art & Hobby shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

Just to reply - I found snazaroo for sale in Inspiring Ideas in blanchardstown, so I popped out there. They had a good selection of colours so I was able to get what I wanted no problem.

Gave it a test run, and it seemed to have pretty good coverage, so I'm happy that it'll do the job.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Advertisement