Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N3-M50 interchange

191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

BostonB wrote: »
    I don't that would make sense. Its usual to give the direction regardless that the destination isn't actually on the road displayed.

Perhaps...

N3 (west) - Blanchardstown
    N3 (east) - Castleknock
    N3 (east) - City Centre

Castleknock hasn't never been on the N3 and was never signed on the old N3. One wonders should it be a signed destination at all given that there are other destricts of the greater Blanchardstown area that should be signed.

even so, it would be less confusing if it had the word City above it - I don't believe that it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

The unfortunate thing is that he was probably following the signs and was in what he thought was the correct lane only to find out at the last minute that the signs are wrong and he had to do his last minute panic manoever. (it doesn't excuse his tantrum though)

This happens to me inbound on the N3 most mornings. People heading into town following the signs will be in the middle lane until they find out about 50m before the end of the lane that the middle lane actually takes you over onto the M50SB.

Yep its a disaster alright.Seen many cars and trunks getting caught out.
    Had many cars slip in on front of me the very last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

The 30 limit going from N4E to M50S is needed as those slips cant be driven any faster, simple as. Dunno if thats the case here though.

As someone who uses both N4E to M50S and N3S to M50S, there's no comparison between the two. N3S should clearly be 50; I think this is pretty clear to be honest.

But then again this is Ireland; speed limit on the ring of kerry from Killarney to Kenmare 100KPH:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

BrianD wrote: »
    Castleknock hasn't never been on the N3 and was never signed on the old N3. One wonders should it be a signed destination at all given that there are other destricts of the greater Blanchardstown area that should be signed.

even so, it would be less confusing if it had the word City above it - I don't believe that it has.

I don't see how it matters that Castleknock, or Blanchardstown aren't on the N3, neither is the City center either. Its a useful direction to show IMO. As would the Phoenix Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

Anyone know if there are any aerial shots of the upgraded junction floating around (or any of the others on the northern cross for that matter)?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is the partial painting out (English language only) of Castleknock on some of the signs here a recent thing? Noticed it there on Tuesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Telchak wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are any aerial shots of the upgraded junction floating around (or any of the others on the northern cross for that matter)?
    While not an aerial shot, OpenStreetMap has up-to-date road layouts (e.g. N3/M50 junction).

Advertisement