Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping in Northern Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mulge

anyone know the best place to get xbox 360 60gb up north

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

How looks Omagh Asda if you compare to Enniskillen,is it more busy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What time does Iceland in Enniskillen stay open till on a Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

devil-80 wrote: »
    How looks Omagh Asda if you compare to Enniskillen,is it more busy?
    Probably just as busy, it still gets a fair amount of cross border shoppers from Donegal and Monaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭sassa

mulge wrote: »

if you want to buy a package deal i'd go for argos you still save quite a lot on it compared to prices here or you could try ordering online at gamestation you can make up your own deal and save a small fortune and they only charge £3 for delivery to ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

not yet wrote: »
    Brought my 16yr daughter to newry on monday morning....yes monday morning, so listen up people.

1hour to get into newry from the outskirts ( 500mtrs) 1 hour to get parking(sweet jesus what a nightmare).

The shops : Nothing much,mostly crap put up on shelves. both centres look like a version of northside shopping centre......

Some shops will give euro for sterling,but these are micky mouse junk shops. the bigger shops will give you 80p sterling for 1 euro...what a joke.

My opinion is if you check where the sales are down here (20% most big stores) it is at least the same value, with no headaches.

Food and drink on the otherhand are good value.

Go a bit further north and make it well worth your while. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

sassa wrote: »
    if you want to buy a package deal i'd go for argos you still save quite a lot on it compared to prices here or you could try ordering online at gamestation you can make up your own deal and save a small fortune and they only charge £3 for delivery to ireland.

Would they deliver a console to ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

to stray off the subject slightly..
    https://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ArgosTrolleyList?langId=-1&krypto=FLFMJHiq1nQo6zNlH9zphSZIP03o5HkJ8W%2Fk1%2FYQFOEigiMIbsSTdM%2B%2BTZROCxPMhlvofNCXq5Nd%0AW%2Fqwi5x45tIsBoQfR9I53U3PYNXpNszYmK8UKpOQnkr7bohEyecwKl3p2qXbsOTD%2FPraoLJn5Hwi%0ATfSs2iedrLtKVuCGddf4LWNZMnmHNYSsP3CZ2lkhiJohRsYj1o0KKh6y5dNH7hdSiInuNcO3vwkb%0AYIoV3HBf%2FGvvHQPMnbRddFVt2r%2Bt&ddkey=OrderItemDisplay

is there any way i can get beer fridge to galway any pay the sterling
    price.
    this costs 169.99eu here sadly
    argos uk works out at just over 100eu.
    How do i get this down to galway?
    is there any means out there like dhl or similiar and if so]
    how would it work with you paying for it and them being
    able to pick it up.
    im just not willing to pay argos (shame on them) almost 70eu
    extra for the same item.
    They were outa stock when i was in eniskillen two weeks back and
    even if it meant having to drive up again i would do so.

mailburner wrote: »
    https://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ArgosTrolleyList?langId=-1&krypto=FLFMJHiq1nQo6zNlH9zphSZIP03o5HkJ8W%2Fk1%2FYQFOEigiMIbsSTdM%2B%2BTZROCxPMhlvofNCXq5Nd%0AW%2Fqwi5x45tIsBoQfR9I53U3PYNXpNszYmK8UKpOQnkr7bohEyecwKl3p2qXbsOTD%2FPraoLJn5Hwi%0ATfSs2iedrLtKVuCGddf4LWNZMnmHNYSsP3CZ2lkhiJohRsYj1o0KKh6y5dNH7hdSiInuNcO3vwkb%0AYIoV3HBf%2FGvvHQPMnbRddFVt2r%2Bt&ddkey=OrderItemDisplay

price.
    able to pick it up.
    extra for the same item.

check if its in stock and if it is reserve it they'll keep it for 2 days if you do this and you won't have a wasted trip again, you'll need the post code to find the enniskillen store to check stock it's BT746JQ
    got caught out too by not reserving it.

sassa wrote: »
    check if its in stock and if it is reserve it they'll keep it for 2 days if you do this and you won't have a wasted trip again, you'll need the post code to find the enniskillen store to check stock it's BT746JQ
    got caught out too by not reserving it.

ive searched the net for a similiar offer (will go to 140) and all
    the electrical shops in galway to no avail.

what i would love to know is if anyone like dhl would pick it up
    and deliver it to me?
    how do i get that fridge to galway without driving 120miles?

• Advertisement

and deliver it to me?

you're best bet is to try a local courier in that area and pricing of them but it would probably end up costin you the same price to have it delivered to galway as buying it in argos down here, looks like you're gonna have to collect it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sarah.Wu

I went to Belfast last week.
    only House of Fraser was on sale. but not everything.
    I want to buy a lot of things, like clothes and others.
    particularly in tommy and H&M,such as these shops.
    Is there anyone knows, when the big sale start??
    the week before Xmas or after?
    Thanks very much in advance.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

and deliver it to me?

A courier for that to Galway would be more than the 70euro you'd save! get the bus from Galway to Norn Iron for 15euro and bring it back on bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

not yet wrote: »
    Brought my 16yr daughter to newry on monday morning....yes monday morning, so listen up people.

1hour to get into newry from the outskirts ( 500mtrs) 1 hour to get parking(sweet jesus what a nightmare).

The shops : Nothing much,mostly crap put up on shelves. both centres look like a version of northside shopping centre......

Some shops will give euro for sterling,but these are micky mouse junk shops. the bigger shops will give you 80p sterling for 1 euro...what a joke.

My opinion is if you check where the sales are down here (20% most big stores) it is at least the same value, with no headaches.

Food and drink on the otherhand are good value.

They must have seen you coming----Sainsburys were giving 90.5p to the Euro yesterday.
    As for the sales "down here" they are a load of rubbish which even with 20% off is still not enough for stock they MUST get rid of.
    Judging by your letter I wouldnt be a bit surprised if you were not a retailler (or a TD) in the Republic, but I wont say that you were not in Newry because most of our loyal retaillers (the same ones telling us to shop local;lol) have been shopping in Northern Ireland for years...so if you dont like Newry, dont shop there,, just stay at home and let us all know here about all the wonderful bargains you have sourced and start a thread (probably the shortest thread ever) called "Shopping in the Republic of Ireland"..I for one cant wait to see that..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭Esel

lynchie wrote: »
    Never gonna happen. There are no limits. There are guideline amounts at which an individual can bring in alcohol without being made to demonstrate that it is for personal use, e.g. you can bring in 110L beer / 3200 cigarettes no problem, after that you may be asked to prove its for personal use and not for commercial selling.
    Don't be sure it won't happen! There are limits: see my previous post in this thread. Customs can and will detain goods in excess of the limits. They may not take 1 litre of spirits from a punter who has 11 litres instead of 10, but the trader who is buying in bulk will feel the pain. Proper order in this case (trader), as the odds are the stuff would be sold in the State without VAT and profit being put through the books, so the Exchequer would be losing a fair bit. It's 800 cigarettes, not 3,200 btw.

Not your ornery onager

price.
    able to pick it up.
    extra for the same item.

on a brighter note that fridge now costs 159.99 in the catalogue but
    was showing up at 143.99 on the stock checker
    i didnt bite the bullet yet and pay the extra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Was down in enniskillen last weekend,haven't been there for a few months,
    It brought back memorys.....:)
    I grew up 18 miles form ballyconnell (border) we used to do all our shopping in the north back in the early 80's and there was only woolworths and wellworths then.
    my favorite shops where the electrical shops that sold cheap t.v.'s and other
    electrical products (video player's,Radio's,cassetteplayers,Record player's,)
    and cheap tape's...
    Not forgetting the fill up of petrol/diesel on the way back home...
    But then we to go through the coustoms...:eek:
    my first impressions were (as always) business in the north and border countys always adjust to the current economic climate as they(we) are
    always looking and giving a bargin (if haggle enough)
    But there are alot of bargins at the moment as .89p-1.00 euro.
    by the way we had lunch in the linden hall on main street enniskillen and it was
    1, Great food 2, great price 3,great service,
    20 pound's (23 euro)for two adults and two kid's (Drinks included):)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

on a brighter note that fridge now costs 159.99 in the catalogue but
    was showing up at 143.99 on the stock checker
    i didnt bite the bullet yet and pay the extra

i think a picture of this fridge together with its euro and sterling price stickers should be sticked at top of each page in this thread as it seems to symbolise everything about this thread

also perhaps the thread should be renamed to something like: the tale of one fridge and its owners struggle to acquire it

any other titles welcome

beolight wrote: »
    i think a picture of this fridge together with its euro and sterling price stickers should be sticked at top of each page in this thread as it seems to symbolise everything about this thread

also perhaps the thread should be renamed to something like: the tale of one fridge and its owners struggle to acquire it

any other titles welcome

Be cool

Argos in Enniskillen are only offering 79p to the euro.

KFC are offering the amazing rate of 60p to the euro. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dooish

asda 87p this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭allybhoy

mulge wrote: »

Check my post in the thread about ps3's and 360's. Zavvi in Newry are selling 360 arcade packs for 99sterling,they also give 10% discount for students so you will get your 360 for under €100 if you pay in sterling or with Visa which is what i done. Then pick up a cheap HD online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Anyone taking bets on how long the traffic jams into Newry will be this morning?! Maybe last weekend's horror stories will put some people off heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

They won't put them off. AA report from 10:30:
    *NEWRY* Traffic is extemely heavy heading into the city centre . Tailbacks on the M1 are back as far as the Cloughuhge R/A. Expect delays.

Tailbacks on the M1 are back as far as the Cloughuhge R/A.
    So not as bad as last week then. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

We headed up last Monday, went through C'Blaney into Newry down past Daisy Hill Hospital... Very easy, only stopped at lights in town ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I passed through Newry last saturday morning around 11am-ish and there was no heavy traffic and deffo no queues.

Yet the AA Roadwatch reports on either RTE or Today FM were reporting tailbacks into Newry. Where do they get the info from?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tregan

see, they don't want us travelling up!

There must have been an instruction from Biffo to put out some misinformation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

would i be completely crazy to leave dublin next thursday at 1:30 to go to Newrey? as in traffic/parking etc...

Advertisement