Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freaked out! Two instances of "white light" sightings....

Options
  • 06-10-2008 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

....so going on the title of this I've experiences flashes of white light out of the corner of my eyes (both, one either side).

First occurrence:

Was sitting at my computer browsing late one night and out of the corner of my eye (towards the top left corner of the room) I saw a flash of white light. I realised that it could be a car going past but I didn't hear anything. Also it wasn't like a light passing the window. It was just like a ball of light. Needless to say I was a little spooked!

Second occurrence: (most recent!)

Saturday night just gone, again on my computer.This time the light came from my right hand side. About waist height and seemed to travel going from right to left (if you were staring directly at it). Instantly spooked I went downstairs and watched some TV. I finally made it back up to the computer and after a while felt cool air localized on the back of my neck!

I know in both instances I've been on the PC. But let me tell skeptics that I haven't been on site that have any flash images or javascript ads (I use adblock....go Firefox go!). So I can't blame "bleaching" of the sight on that. And also the one that got me was the second time it seemed to travel. As it were heading towards my room. Of course I was in the house on my own on each occasion.

Just wondering has anyone had similar experiences or could yee shed any light (hawhaw) on the situation? Thanks a mil.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Flecks and flashes like that can be a sign of low blood pressure. Just to be safe go see your GP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

6th wrote: »
    Flecks and flashes like that can be a sign of low blood pressure. Just to be safe go see your GP.

Thanking you kind sir, but traveling like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

i think it was because you were on the pc late.. if you were tired in anyway your eyes would play tricks on you!!

also.. sometimes migraine cant effect your eyes rather than a headache... wine, cheese, crisps, chocolate can give you migraine that effects your eyesight and you can see dots and things moving!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

i'd put it down to your eyes rather than paranormal. ive often had the same experience except its black shadows I'd see, like you while on the pc and from the corner of my eye, but i know is environmental conditions between the computer screen and my eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

i think it was because you were on the pc late.. if you were tired in anyway your eyes would play tricks on you!!

also.. sometimes migraine cant effect your eyes rather than a headache... wine, cheese, crisps, chocolate can give you migraine that effects your eyesight and you can see dots and things moving!!

Cool, maybe I am making a mountain out of two molehills. But it is hard to describe, I've never had anything happen like that before! (And believe me I've spent late night sessions on the PC....damn CoD!) So attributing staring at a TFT for a prolonged period of time, doesn't really fly with me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I often see short white flashes in the corner of my eye if i look as far to the left or right with them as i can go, particularily if done suddenly. Always happens at night so i'd imagine it has something to do with your eyes' reactions with darkness.

Advertisement