Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford Schools?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 LesRitaMitsouko

Trotter wrote: »
    I don't think Waterpark was/is protestant. Its Christian Brothers, although theres no brothers teaching there now.

What about Protestant brothers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 LesRitaMitsouko

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Whoors from the hill!!! That's a classic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

What about Protestant brothers?

No idea.. sorry. As far as I know the Christian Brothers were a Catholic 'order' if thats the word for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭depaor

Waterpark college was founded by the Christian Brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

In case you'd like to know, there's a planning notice posted outside the main gates of DLS. They want to erect a new single story building as a home for the brothers where the tennis courts are (just to your left as you go up the drive) along with more parking areas, 2 new tennis courts and a "repositioning" of the main entrance to make it easier for people entering and exiting the grounds.

Delighted when I heard about it. The brothers have a maximum of 2 years left living in the college itself so its wonderful to hear they'll get to stay in the school grounds rather than moving up to the DLS brothers retirement home in Castletown up in Laois.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Gerald Walsh

Was a boarder here 1968 to 1969 and was bullied like hell in De la salle. Was nicknamed all the time.
    Was so cheesed of f I had to become a day boy for 1969 to 1970 and that stopped the bullying.
    I could name the idiots involved but what's the point after 50 years. I would like to meet them now and give them a piece of my mind. I suspect the ones involved know what I am on about. CARRICK ON SUIR is my home town.

Advertisement