Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new but already have a question

Options
  • 11-09-2008 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi.My name is Christine and I am new here:) Welcome to all new newbies.So i have one question: What was the last thing you made by hand? I made 10 weeding invitations

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Apart from this cup of tea Im drinking, I made a mobile last week, then it went mysteriously missing, I put about 2 hours work into it. I am not a happy bunny :mad:

But it was fab, so I wouldn't mind making it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 chris9999

[quoteBut it was fab, so I wouldn't mind making it again.[/quote]

I like your optimism :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

please stick to arts and crafts related topics, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 33,261 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Kudos on the tea comment!

Seriously, not counting paintings/drawings/dinner, I made afew masks a coiuple of months back out of papier mache. Mixed results.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Made a card this morning - taking part in a challange run on another board. There are 12 of us and one person made up a kit and sent it out to the other 11. We then had to come up with our own design of a female themed card.

Its been an interesting experiment.

I have also knit the back of a jumper for myself this week and intend to start on the sleeves tonight.

• Advertisement

i made 5 witch-dolls for Halloween party :pAre you ready for Halloween?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭See Ye

A beanbag !! I big sit on and scrunch down into beanbag ! (Keeping a close eye on the seams mind ;) )

But thanks for reminding me about Hallowe'en ...

See Ye wrote: »
    A beanbag !! I big sit on and scrunch down into beanbag ! (Keeping a close eye on the seams mind ;) )

But thanks for reminding me about Hallowe'en ...

you're welcome :D

A crochet Christmas tree decoration. A trial run before teaching the local school kids!

Funny you should mention crochet ... starting a class on that tommorow. So looking forward to it. Its been years since I did any crochet - I am hoping it will come back to me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Funny you should mention crochet ... starting a class on that tommorow. So looking forward to it. Its been years since I did any crochet - I am hoping it will come back to me!!

It definitely will come back. I picked it up about 2 years ago after not having done for about 15 years. No probs. A few rough stitches but then it came back.

As for me, I just finished a pair of men's pants (proper suit-type pants) for my partner, and a sheath-style 50s dress for myself.

The crochet deffinately came back to me!!

Actually sat down tonight and while watching corrie I did up a wee hat complete with two little added flowers for my DD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

I made a pair of curtains today. Quite proud of em!!! :D

Advertisement