Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airsoft sites

• 03-09-2008 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

folks what makes a good airsoft site. is it an open area where cover is artificially created or a wooded site. how much space would you need, 2 acres, 4, 10 ?? do you hire them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

there is no perfect site or formula, i would say the people running the site are the most important factor, seen people make far more use out of 5 acres than other sites make out of 20 so size is not always a factor

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

it depends on the kind of scenarios you want eg: urban, rural, woodland. personal preference come is into it too, alot of people want good urban site but there difficult to find and make. i think it would need to be above 2 acres but would need to be bigger again for rural/woodland. artificial cover is ok as long as its not fekin pallets! maybe something modular?

the games played in the site is a vey important factor, it would be a shame to see a site not being used to its full potential beacuse of games like capture the flag.

and in the meath area:P

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

coolagad wrote: »
    folks what makes a good airsoft site. is it an open area where cover is artificially created or a wooded site. how much space would you need, 2 acres, 4, 10 ?? do you hire them?

In my opinion any top site would have good mix of:
    - woodland/forest w/plenty of tracks
    - some open areas
    - buildings (to assault/defend)
    - indoor CQB/CQC

Size depends on how many you want playing there but at least a few acres would be required for a good woodland site IMO.

Like C-90 I wouldn't be too fond of pallets or round bales. If I was building a site artificial cover would be burnt out cars, half-built walls, mortar trenches etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

gtac but in south sligo that would be my ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 40 coolagad

thanks folks, i know a site about 4 acres, very open. so i suppose artifical cover would be needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

thanks folks, i know a site about 4 acres, very open. so i suppose artifical cover would be needed.

do you mean you are starting a site up as a bisness or just going to the local farmers field for a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

The problem with very "open" sites is the wind ruins them. Shooting into the wind is nearly worse than left to right wind too as the enemy can out range you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

It would depend on the types of game you're going to be playing and the play style of your customers! (WOW wishy-washy answer!).

To me woodland is the best IF you can move through it without using a chainsaw and without loosing a limb - basically matureish trees or its been thinned. Buildings would be a bonus too! Attack/defend the compound then CQB once the attackers are in!

As again it would depend on the types of games being played. For me if you want the all encompassing all weekend milsim game having a big site is a definite bonus - it would allow the players to room over all over the place for a day non stop! So more set piece battles (capture the flag, king of the hill, etc) a smaller site make life a lot easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 coolagad

amaughan wrote: »
    do you mean you are starting a site up as a bisness or just going to the local farmers field for a game.

I have a site, 4 acres open field with nice slopes and hollows. about an hour from dublin. hadn't really given it much thought from a business perspective and from another thread here it seems like a lot of hard work and admin. gettin into airsoftas its cheaper and a bit more fun then target shooting/hunting which im bored with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

If you're interested in it as a business or paying hobby, then check in the sites threads (I believe - and stand to be corrected - that Cork, G-tac and HRTA are the longest running/biggest sites at the moment?) and maybe PM the site owners for advice. It's getting a little competitive out there but I'm sure they'll have good advice for on how to get started. I know very little about getting an airsoft site up and going, but judging from half a year's threads here I believe that insurance, your locals/neighbours, and decent on-site facilities are the killers in setting up. If you're not able to cross those hurdles, then the best terrain features won't help; and you'll want a differentiator from your other nearest sites, although with the growth in the sport any new sites are worth some attention.

MacAonghusa and Rhinocharge are both trying to set up sites right now I believe, so they might also have some good advice for you.

• Advertisement

cork is currently a non for profit club but if you have any questions im shore mad ozzie can help

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

I have a site, 4 acres open field with nice slopes and hollows. about an hour from dublin. hadn't really given it much thought from a business perspective and from another thread here it seems like a lot of hard work and admin. gettin into airsoftas its cheaper and a bit more fun then target shooting/hunting which im bored with.

Hi, have you been to any of the Irish sites? Might be a good idea to visit one or a few sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Irishrobbie345

Are thare still airsoft games in macroom any info would help a lot thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Are thare still airsoft games in macroom any info would help a lot thanks

Only place I know of worth playing in is rebel Airsoft aghada Bandon :)

Ps 4yr old thread!!! SWEAT BABY JESUS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Jsmurff wrote: »

Bandon and Aghada are different towns. :P That or I'm even more incompetent at getting around than I thought. They both have airsoft sites though.

Rebel Airsoft is near Bandon. About 100 acres of woodland airsofty goodness. Excellent site, couldn't recommend it enough.

I've only played at the place near Aghada (Paintwars) once but I'd happily go back. They're primarily a paintball site so the place is quite small. The result for us airsofters is a primarily CQB orientated outdoor site with a few opportunities for longer-range combat.

They're the only sites I know of in the area, both are worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Zomg Okay wrote: »

Bandon and Aghada are different towns. :P That or I'm even more incompetent at getting around than I thought. They both have airsoft sites though.

Rebel Airsoft is near Bandon. About 100 acres of woodland airsofty goodness. Excellent site, couldn't recommend it enough.

I've only played at the place near Aghada (Paintwars) once but I'd happily go back. They're primarily a paintball site so the place is quite small. The result for us airsofters is a primarily CQB orientated outdoor site with a few opportunities for longer-range combat.

They're the only sites I know of in the area, both are worth a visit.

Have yet to be in that neck of the woods :P afaik they were always listed as the same address on FB anyway their in clonakilty these days aparently

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

Have yet to be in that neck of the woods :P afaik they were always listed as the same address on FB anyway their in clonakilty these days aparently

Rebel's site is actually closer to Clon than Bandon but the address is definitely Bandon.

Good site with a decent variety of landscape

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Boa.Prinz

tbh to paintball for me, lacks the charator i look for with airsoft

Advertisement