Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Outlet shopping Boston vs NY

• 26-08-2008 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

I'm in Boston at the moment doing a j1 and I'm into the last week. Gonna be in boston and new york for a few days each, which would you recommend for outlet shopping? woodbury common in NY or wrentham village near boston?

I only have like 3 days in each place and i've never been to NY before so Id say there's enough things in the city to keep me going? or is woodbury common much better than wrentham and worth a visit? if youre gonna do it, do it properly kind of thing??

Just looking for clothes (guys) and maybe some presents.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

I was in Jersey Gardens in Elizabeth NY earlier in the summer, and wasn't very impressed. They have a lot of the usual stores but it feels more like a regular mall rather than the typical outlet village.

I havent been to Woodbury Common but from what i've heard it is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

kcb wrote: »
    I was in Jersey Gardens in Elizabeth NY earlier in the summer, and wasn't very impressed. They have a lot of the usual stores but it feels more like a regular mall rather than the typical outlet village.

I havent been to Woodbury Common but from what i've heard it is better.
    In the depths of winter you'll be glad to be in a nice warm Jersey Gardens! (Elizabeth is NJ, not NY). Jersey Gardens is also a lot easier and cheaper to access than Woodbury, but I agree that there is greater choice in Woodbury.

OP, to be perfectly honest, at sale time shopping in Boston itself is as good as any outlet mall, IMHO. My wife swears by Boston!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mickyt

Brods wrote: »
    I'm in Boston at the moment doing a j1 and I'm into the last week. Gonna be in boston and new york for a few days each, which would you recommend for outlet shopping? woodbury common in NY or wrentham village near boston?

I only have like 3 days in each place and i've never been to NY before so Id say there's enough things in the city to keep me going? or is woodbury common much better than wrentham and worth a visit? if youre gonna do it, do it properly kind of thing??

Just looking for clothes (guys) and maybe some presents.

Thanks.

I have been to both in recent years and to me Woodbury Common is much better. Wrentham village is definitely worth a visit, but if I had to choose, I would go with Woodbury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Been to both, if you've loads of stuff to see in NY then just go in Boston.Woodbury common will take a day.They both pretty much have everything the same, though I think woodbury has a bit more.Outlets across the states tend to all be the same anyway. Very good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mickyt

dan_d wrote: »
    Been to both, if you've loads of stuff to see in NY then just go in Boston.Woodbury common will take a day.They both pretty much have everything the same, though I think woodbury has a bit more.Outlets across the states tend to all be the same anyway. Very good!!
    good point actually. there is still a great choice in wrentham but you would take more time in Woodbury, which may cause you to miss the great city that is new york

• Advertisement
Advertisement