Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOVADO UMR - 3G USB router (For use with O2, Three & Vodafone)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Niallthebomb

Try mail.mymeteor.ie (found it on another post...not sure if it works though)

If that doesn't work keep with the eircom smtp server address. I've been using it with one of my customers for quite sometime with no problems. They are using Meteor.

The only problem that you might encounter is that ISPs are beginning to limit who can access their servers based on the connecting computer/routers IP address. However, since Meteor are now owned by Eircom....I would imagine they will be at some stage consolidating their services so you shouldn't have a problem.

Regards,
    Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 6 slojo

Thanks for that Niall. I had some luck with the eircom setting until I tried changing the frequency of the message from 100mb to 250. I do not seem to get the mails any more regardless of settings, even though the test mail works every time. I may see if I get any better results with the meteor settings.

Thanks again for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 appleheads

Most annoyed.
    Recently i see that forums have added a rather annoying feature.
    when you post a comment you become automatically subscribed to emails when anyone posts a comment. 100's of emails daily.. lovely!!!!!! NOT
    The boards.ie has done the same and mch to my annoyance has nowhere to unsubscribe on either the email or whenb you log to the thread......
    I am very very annoyed with this spam... can any one suggest how you unsubscribe to this feature as its a way for websites to spam u...
    I suppose now i post this i will be subscribed to another thread....jasus..
    this should be an option to tick or not tich when u post and guess what????
    it isnt!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

appleheads, 'Thread Tools' is on the bar at the top of this thread, you also have Quick Links which will send you to a 'Subscribed threads' user interface.

You should maybe visit the boards.ie Help Desk.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=30

There's also Newbies & FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=98

• Registered Users Posts: 28,827 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

appleheads wrote: »
    Most annoyed.
    Recently i see that forums have added a rather annoying feature.
    when you post a comment you become automatically subscribed to emails when anyone posts a comment. 100's of emails daily.. lovely!!!!!! NOT
    The boards.ie has done the same and mch to my annoyance has nowhere to unsubscribe on either the email or whenb you log to the thread......
    I am very very annoyed with this spam... can any one suggest how you unsubscribe to this feature as its a way for websites to spam u...
    I suppose now i post this i will be subscribed to another thread....jasus..
    this should be an option to tick or not tich when u post and guess what????
    it isnt!!!!!
    If you go to your userCP at the top left of the screen and then go to 'edit options' there is an option under the 'messaging and notification' heading where that is set to "instant email notification" as default. if you change that to "do not subscribe" you will not get any email notifications.

To be fair, its hardly reasonable to blame the site because you didn't understand how it is run.

• Advertisement

I was wondering whether anyone else has had problems receiving email notifications from their dovado umr since the release of 4.1.2? I had my router setup to inform me when I had used 100Mb as a test and this worked fine. I upgraded my firmware to 4.1.2 and changed this setting to 250Mb but notifications stopped. I have tried changing the frequency, un-setting and resetting, hard booting the umr but nothing seems to get this working again. I upgraded to 4.1.3 last night but still no luck. It is worth pointing out that the test mail works instantly with all of these settings so it is not a problem with my configuration. Has anyone else noticed any problems with this?

Thanks,

Jon.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭DOVADO

slojo wrote: »
    I was wondering whether anyone else has had problems receiving email notifications from their dovado umr since the release of 4.1.2? I had my router setup to inform me when I had used 100Mb as a test and this worked fine. I upgraded my firmware to 4.1.2 and changed this setting to 250Mb but notifications stopped. I have tried changing the frequency, un-setting and resetting, hard booting the umr but nothing seems to get this working again. I upgraded to 4.1.3 last night but still no luck. It is worth pointing out that the test mail works instantly with all of these settings so it is not a problem with my configuration. Has anyone else noticed any problems with this?

Thanks,

Jon.

Have you checked your junk mail?

lol, yes I did check the junk mail. As it happens, I have set it back to 100Mb and power-cycled the umr. I think it may be the power cycle that is required as previously I had rebooted using the reboot option from the configuration page. As it is, I am now receiving mails every 100Mb used so I am not going to mess with it any more!

Thanks,

Jon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 muffo

I connect to the internet through a dovado umr. Unfortunately dovado does not support wifi printers. Is there any way in which a second router might be connected to a wifi printer through the dovado umr?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Commsoft

muffo wrote: »
    I connect to the internet through a dovado umr. Unfortunately dovado does not support wifi printers. Is there any way in which a second router might be connected to a wifi printer through the dovado umr?
    Hi muffo

A networked print-server device should give you want you want. I can't vouch for any particular make/model from first hand experience, but here is what is available on dabs.ie

http://www.dabs.ie/category/networking-and-communication,network-devices,printer-servers/11179-4294960319

Regards
    --
    Gerry Mulvenna, Commsoft Ltd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭try

would it be possible to set this up as sms forwarder. i want to receive texts from white list of senders and divert to same white list
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055845026

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Hi Dovado,

I've recently upgraded to the Sierra Wireless Aircard 302 but I note there is no SMS support. Having not installed the O2 software onto my PC I only have experience with the Aircard over the UMR so I've no idea if the modem even supports it but is there any hope for SMS support soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭td2008

Hi
    Having problems using the huawei e122 modem with the dovado umr. Updated to the latest firmware but still get modem error in the status page and the usb light doesnt come on. Its working with other usb modems.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Commsoft

td2008 wrote: »
    Hi
    Having problems using the huawei e122 modem with the dovado umr. Updated to the latest firmware but still get modem error in the status page and the usb light doesnt come on. Its working with other usb modems.
    Generally the "modem error" message appears if the SIM card isn't inserted correctly. Upside down maybe?

Regards

Gerry, Commsoft Ltd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 paul egan

Hi All,
    I am having some trouble accessing my WD MyBookWorld ethernet HDD through the UMR router. The mobile broadband is set up and working great but I cant map the HDD under 'My Computer'. Does anyone know what configuration settings i need to apply to the router to get this to work?
    Previously I had a linskeys access point for the HDD and everything worked fine.

Thanks

P

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rivermist

dear dovado

here is my problem
    i have a 3g mobile broadband stick modem from vodaphone, i use it in clonakilty in cork and the signal is constantly dropping out or going to gprs.
    i use the system to update a computer in a shop and dial in on logmein
    i was told that the modem will reconnect if its set to automatic which it is but in practice it is more off totally than on. I believe your modem can someway reconnect my 3g service automatic and try keep it on 3g most of the time.
    is this so.. and where can i get a modem in ireland and the cost.
    can you email me directly to
    rivermistmedia@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭mcw92

I have a question.
    I bought the UMR one and have it connected.
    But i was wondering, i had to login onto the routers ip on the computer to set it up. But also to connect to the mobile broadband.
    Does this mean that everytime the modem loses power i have to logon to the routers ip on the comp to cennect the mobile braodband again?
    or is there a way that once i plug in the usb modem into the router its connects itself?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jamesnp

mcw92 wrote: »
    I have a question.
    I bought the UMR one and have it connected.
    But i was wondering, i had to login onto the routers ip on the computer to set it up. But also to connect to the mobile broadband.
    Does this mean that everytime the modem loses power i have to logon to the routers ip on the comp to cennect the mobile braodband again?
    or is there a way that once i plug in the usb modem into the router its connects itself?
    Thanks.

Go to the router's IP. Logon and click Modem -> Modem Settings and make sure "Modem off by default (connect using sms or web GUI)" is NOT ticked. The modem will now connect automatically.

-jp

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭manufan16

Has anybody got xbox live working with one these and an o2 3G modem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭mcw92

manufan16 wrote: »
    Has anybody got xbox live working with one these and an o2 3G modem ?

i got ps3 working online with it and vodafone 3g.

• Advertisement

rivermist wrote: »
    dear dovado

here is my problem
    i have a 3g mobile broadband stick modem from vodaphone, i use it in clonakilty in cork and the signal is constantly dropping out or going to gprs.
    i was told that the modem will reconnect if its set to automatic which it is but in practice it is more off totally than on. I believe your modem can someway reconnect my 3g service automatic and try keep it on 3g most of the time.
    rivermistmedia@gmail.com

Do you mean the Connection Tracker? http://www.dovado.com/hspa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Playsatan

DOVADO,

I was looking into getting of these routers because I need to change setting like port forwarding and UPnP with my modem. Without it I cant play games like battlefield bad company 2 on my PC.

I assume that once I get this router, I will be able to change these settings like a normal ADSL connection ? Its not hard wired into the modem or controlled by O2 I mean ?

(Sorry if this was asked before but it wasnt in your FAQ and Im too lazy to read through 11 pages :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It depends on the APN you use. Open.internet is the one you want for O2. The APN called internet has ports closed from my experience when I was messing with APNs (~3 years old at this stage)

I was checking up the latest firmware due to intermittent problems I have been having with email notifications using 4.1.3 and was surprised to see that we are now on 4.1.5. Surprised because I definitely registered for email notification of new firmware releases but have not received such notifications. I have checked my spam but am wondering whether these are only for what would be deemed "major" releases? Is there something else I need to do to get notifications?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Playsatan

TouchingVirus, so you're saying that the router doesnt really have any control over the network settings ?

Hi Dovado,

I've recently upgraded to the Sierra Wireless Aircard 302 but I note there is no SMS support. Having not installed the O2 software onto my PC I only have experience with the Aircard over the UMR so I've no idea if the modem even supports it but is there any hope for SMS support soon?

Hi TV.

Sierra have disabled SMS commands in linux mode. Sorry, but not our fault.

rivermist wrote: »
    dear dovado

here is my problem
    rivermistmedia@gmail.com

Hi rivermist.

Try using the Connection Tracker: http://www.dovado.com/hspa

Cheers

Playsatan wrote: »
    TouchingVirus, so you're saying that the router doesnt really have any control over the network settings ?

As TV says, it's entirely dependent on which APN you use as all the IP addressing rules are defined in the mobile operator's APN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Quite suddenly, my Dovado (after just over a year) has stopped working with internet. Laptop finds Dovado home network fine, but no internet connection.

It's worked EVERY time up to now.............has something changed??

I've tried all the usual stuff, dovado even shows as connected to internet on the portal.....(after re-connecting for ages?), really frustrating.

Need a solution or I'm replacing this router for a 3 router.

• Advertisement

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Quite suddenly, my Dovado (after just over a year) has stopped working with internet. Laptop finds Dovado home network fine, but no internet connection.

It's worked EVERY time up to now.............has something changed??

I've tried all the usual stuff, dovado even shows as connected to internet on the portal.....(after re-connecting for ages?), really frustrating.

Need a solution or I'm replacing this router for a 3 router.

Have you checked if it's something to do with your operator? Mobile network issues are not unheard of.

Advertisement