Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MGMT

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

deise59 wrote: »
    It's good, not fantastic, not crap, just...good.

Kids, Time to Pretend and the Youth are my favourites, but I agree with the criticisms about the 2nd half of the album, there's nothing to it whatsoever.

bah - you're all wrong. "Of moons, birds and monsters" is the best track on it. Listen to the guitar at the end....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

It's good, not fantastic, not crap, just...good.

Kids, Time to Pretend and the Youth are my favourites, but I agree with the criticisms about the 2nd half of the album, there's nothing to it whatsoever.

Agree completely. Most over rated band around at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Only picked this up yesterday. I've played it two or three times. I had heard Time To Pretend and Electric Feel before and bought the album on the back of them. I recognised Kids as well once I heard it.

I like it so far, not mad about it but it's good. To me, they sound like a mix of Bowie, Prince and Basement Jaxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,080 ✭✭✭mada999

some good tunes on the album i think...

time to pretend, kids, electric feel and weekend wars.. not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Let me revise my original statement. After more extensive listening, I was probably a tad harsh on the 2nd half of the album

Future Reflections is still nothing really, but Of Birds... and the Handshake have grown on me a lot more. And Time to Pretend seems to be getting better the more I listen to it.

Overall I'd give it a solid 8/10. 9/10 for the 1st half, 7/10 for the 2nd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭GSpoon

love love love this band! Goin to see them next week, cant wait!

there have some really good tracks apart from the singles on both the LP and EP.
    I really like Indie Rokkers off the EP, great tune:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

But I will have to wait and see what the second album is like before I make a proper judgement.............:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I'm going to marry MGMT

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm going to marry MGMT

This is no time to pretend young lady, though on the off chance there is that electric feel between you guys I hope you have great fun making kids.

/gets coat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I will, they are my one and only love :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

2nd best album of the year, behind Vampire Weekend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

ShaneU wrote: »
    2nd best first half of an album of the year, behind Vampire Weekend ;)

FYP;)

I don't understand the love for Electric Feel though. I'd put it down as one of the worst songs on the album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

FYP;)

I have no idea what this means but I have 3 better letters to describe MGMT:

FAD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭DavidLive

Not all fads are a bad thing though.

Either way, loving them.
    I hope they come back to Dublin, and I get my hands on the tickets, because this time I couldn't, and loved them even more since the summer festivals they were at.

"Jump, Jump"
    "You've got to get down now... Can't be doing that..."

;)

Yeah I only found out they were playing here after I got into them and after tickets went on sale. Must keep my ears out for a return, even though they are meant to be pretty ****e live.

Yeah I only found out they were playing here after I got into them and after tickets went on sale. Must keep my ears out for a return, even though they are meant to be pretty ****e live.
    I didn't think they were bad. It is more of a crowd thing though, true enough, with the fans interacting more than witnessing the spectacle of the guys on stage live. Whilst at a festival for example, guests jumped around, sung the words, and basically enjoyed the beautiful music they were making.

I would say The O2 might have them. Who knows? I would love if they did. Size is the only thing though against them. Unless they have done similar gigs of that size?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Amorphous Head

i can never get Electric Feel out of my head, they're so catchy

i can never get Electric Feel out of my head, they're so catchy
    Hell Yeah!

• Advertisement

eeew no, who'd want to see them in the o2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Can't wait for the new album now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

What does everyone think of the new album?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

It is astounding.

After multiple listenings, I think it might even be better than Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Yeah, I'm liking it so far. Alien Days and Introspection are the highlights so far.

Advertisement