Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Airsoft Club??

Options
  • 12-08-2008 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hey guys, I was up in DCU today and heard a rumour that there's going to be a club set up there this year. Anyone here have anything to do with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

Well if someone is, let me know cause I run the one in carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Get in contact with the clubs and societies office, they'll be able to tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭eagleye7

hey i might get in trouble for this i dunno am i spillin secrets.:rolleyes:

anywho i dont go to dcu but will hopefully be startin there this october. BUT... my mate does and he just so happens to be treasurer of said DCU airsoft soc.

As far as i know the club was given the go ahead last year just before end of term so it will be startin up fully come clubs and socs day. i dont know much of the details and im only bein drawn into the sport myself but from what i understand the commitee has some great plans and really want it to go well. if i can answer any questions just leave a post and ill try help.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Just decided to head back to DCU for another year, so this is very interesting to me.

I was considering setting one up last year, but final year leaves very little time for a new airsoft club...

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

eagleye7: thank you very much! :) just what i wanted to know.

i'll keep an eye out for some aegs on clubs and socs day :rolleyes:

i presume they're planning trips to hrta etc?

• Advertisement

yeah i heard and this is very much a rumour it will depend on a lot o things money members etc but i heard that they were hopin for an outing aproxx every 2 weeks, plus i assume gettogethers or such maybe durin the week dont hold me on that though i was just told in passin and it was a while ago dont worry though im sure all will become clear soon enough

Can you ask said treasurer to contact me? Contact through PM or www.airsoftitcarlow.com Thanks

yeah ill say it too him i dont thinks hes on boards.ie at the moment but ill tell him to forward it on to the chairman and hopefully hell get in contact. Do i smell an intercollege war?;) ;)

Thats what I'm hoping for! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭irlande

Hey! I only noticed this board yesterday (when eagleeye said to check it out!).

I'm on the committee of the new Airsoft Society (society, not club ;)!) I'm only an ordinary member but I can provide you with any information you want in terms of our operation!

For DCU students reading, our plan is to provide bi-weekly, or weekly depending on interest, trips to dublin based airsoft facilities including HRTA, upcoming CQB operations and newly arrived facilities such as Fingal Airsoft and the likes.

In terms of on-campus work, we're working on firing range activity inside the sports hall but as you can imagine the potential for left-over BBs after a shoot is of grave concern to the sports authorities.

When it comes to inter-varsity stuff, Carlow....you're going down! ^.^

I left a post on boards a few months back asking about University based airsoft clubs or societies but didn't get much of a response, delighted to hear there are other keen societies!

Any other questions, please don't hesitate to direct them my way!

• Advertisement

irlande wrote: »
    Hey! I only noticed this board yesterday (when eagleeye said to check it out!).

I'm on the committee of the new Airsoft Society (society, not club ;)!) I'm only an ordinary member but I can provide you with any information you want in terms of our operation!

For DCU students reading, our plan is to provide bi-weekly, or weekly depending on interest, trips to dublin based airsoft facilities including HRTA, upcoming CQB operations and newly arrived facilities such as Fingal Airsoft and the likes.

In terms of on-campus work, we're working on firing range activity inside the sports hall but as you can imagine the potential for left-over BBs after a shoot is of grave concern to the sports authorities.

When it comes to inter-varsity stuff, Carlow....you're going down! ^.^

I left a post on boards a few months back asking about University based airsoft clubs or societies but didn't get much of a response, delighted to hear there are other keen societies!

Any other questions, please don't hesitate to direct them my way!

awesome, can't wait. (provided my repeat results go well :))

totally getting ahead of myself but sports hall shooting range bb collection could be sorted by using nets/goals already there and some heavy duty fabric. that's what i do out my garden anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭irlande

awesome, can't wait. (provided my repeat results go well :))

totally getting ahead of myself but sports hall shooting range bb collection could be sorted by using nets/goals already there and some heavy duty fabric. that's what i do out my garden anyway.

Yea, we've been talking about getting a heavy duty sheet and lying it across the section of the hall in use, getting the edges at the end and forcing all the BBs into the centre, toss em in the bin! But again, all of this is still in the casual discussion stages, can't get up to much until semester 1 kicks off!

Check us out on Clubs and Socs day, we've got the guns ready to go [red tipped and chained, of course!] but should be a good enough show around the hub! ;)

just make sure you let the security office know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭blacon

Interesting to see the support we're guna have this year!

Hey guys im another member of the committee. Secretary.
    Just wanted to add some input there with regards to the shooting in the Gym...we don't really want anyone to get high hopes about that yet! Even with a large sheet on the floor, the possibility of a BB bouncing off a wall and landing on some 'un-sheeted' part of the floor is still high, and if we miss one, thats a basketball players neck.
    We are thinking of every possibility to increase safety but the chance of DCU not trusting us is high.

Outings every two weeks at least is for definate though! Start buying your guns now to save some money on renting them in the arenas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

[red tipped and chained, of course!]

They dont need to be red tipped;)

Hey nice to see your gettin the interest you so rightly deserve come september i bet therell be more than a few itchy trigger fingers on campus. Personally I cant Wait!!!!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Sweet as, going into first year in dcu, will deffo stop by on "cubs and socks" day and sign up. Now all i need to do is get my broke ass an aeg and gbb along with all the other ma-jiggers to go along with it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Dammit, wish UCD had an Airsoft Club/Soc...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Frisbee wrote: »
    Dammit, wish UCD had an Airsoft Club/Soc...

Ehh, set one up.

There's a high chance I'll be starting there this time 2 years from now, if there isnt a society by then I'll definitely set one up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Id join one, but I reeeally dont have the time to set one up....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Jasirl

(Shamelessly copied and pastied from the other DCU-AS thread)

News! Our website is online. It's in it's beta stages so it's not completely finished, still needs alot of work but we DO have a forum set up at www.airsoc.com/forums/

So drop by and give us a shout if you'll be rolling with us this year ;D

-John

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

to throw a spanner in the works

NCI ( National college of ireland) is setting up an airsoft society too, I caught wind of it from the socs officer last week.

Should be up and running soon enough, dont now numbers or plans etc but I'd say I'm in....and the opporunity to spank other colleges apart from poker,football,golf and pretty much anything i play you lot in

Airsoft is gonig to class

:P

The Doc, if you have any contact details for the people setting up the society in NCI could ya PM them to me please! We are very interested in holding events with other societies.

wahay! passed my exams so i'll definitely see y'all soon.

theres a airsoft soc in the dcu section of boards if ya wanna take a look see. im sure some airsofters proper could generate some good intrest

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

well clubs and socs day has passed here, didnt see anyone with an airsoft stand....say paintball alright...o well they musta got cold feet..

from walking in all the puddles of the ridic wet looking birds strolling my college these days, man i shoulda stayed single through college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Jasirl

well clubs and socs day has passed here, didnt see anyone with an airsoft stand....say paintball alright...o well they musta got cold feet..

from walking in all the puddles of the ridic wet looking birds strolling my college these days, man i shoulda stayed single through college

Bah we were enjoying the thought of giving NCI a good bashing hehe ^_^

just round up some hobos and slap some t-shirts on them.
    insta-soc.

DCU Airsoft society are running a competition!
    To be in with a chance to win some amazing prizes, head over to www.airsoc.com to see the entry details.
    Remember, you must be a member of the society to win, so join before thursday the 16th (competition closing date) to have your entry valid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement