Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Nocturnal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Talliesin wrote: »
    1. Fascination with goths.
    2. Poorly-made and irrelevant references to logical fallacies.
    3. Explanation of motives behind disagreements as "ego-tripping".
    4. Compulsion to refer to mods as "staff".
    You are Rozie, and I claim my five pounds.

You know the guys at the Transformers forum figured that one out the day Corkstudent showed up... and picked up from where Rozie left off. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

***time to stir the pot a wee bit***

Hey op have you ever heard that saying "Too many chiefs and not enough Indians"? well boards is the opposite of that where there's now too many Mods and not enough Admins and there's no-one left to police the police, other than what they read in feedback and what advertisement is going to be flavour of the month(because at the end of the day it is a business) they most likely neither know nor care about what happens in a low volume thread to one random poster, it's why every thread on here turns into cat pics, they could stop it but choose not to because they know that eventually every moderators little entourage of brown nosers will wreak the thread and the op will give up out of frustration and then they don't have to deal with it, they just lock it. This "Community" c*ap is a pile of bull**** unless, of course, you live in a neighbourhood of total cnut, cat ladies. My advice is do what I do, take the banning, don't start a feedback thread and then at least the little power hungry cnuts don't win and their bitches have nowhere to post their nobby pics and instead have to start "Thank you" threads just to shove their noses that extra inch up their favourite mods ar*e

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

*Yawn*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Kazobel... you are totally awesome!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

kazobel for Eu commissioner !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

SDooM wrote: »
    Im out of thanks. :)
    Thanked him for ya :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Kazobel wrote: »
    This "Community" c*ap is a pile of bull****

So, why don't you just fúck off then? If the admins didn't give a shít about what happened to the little guy in feedback, then why did they even create it or why did they add some smods as moderators here? Sorry, what am I on about, lets not let a little logic get in the way of a good rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

kazobel for Mod \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Yay it's Kazobel, official Voice of reason for the internet.

How are you today Kazobel? I sense you're a little perturbed. Tell us, what's on YOUR mind? Don't hold back now....

*puts on the kettle*

square igloo for Mod \o/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

square igloo for Mod \o/

+ 1 :D
    I'm already illogical and authoritarian - what more do I need?

*runs to fill in Amp Test*

kazobel for Mod \o/

I couldn't be a mod on here, I don't qualify as being that much of a padantic, power hungry b*stard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

no but your nuttier than squirral shit so that makes up for it!

I couldn't be a mod on here, I don't qualify as being that much of a padantic, power hungry b*stard :D

You sure, I was looking for one of those:(

Jules wrote: »

\o. kazobel for mod again

So, why don't you just fúck off then?

And miss out on all this fun? all this outrage I can illicit in one post? not a fcuking chance! :D:D

And miss out on all this fun? all this outrage I can illicit in one post? not a fcuking chance! :D:D

you should be mod of the thunderdome

Jules wrote: »

Well I do try hard to maintain that rep :p:p

Well I do try hard to maintain that rep :p:p

I dont think you do :) the sh1t is just comes from you so easily

I dont think you do :) the sh1t is just comes from you so easily

It's a talent :p:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Just posting to say that I actually can't believe I read all of this crap.

Sherifu is right - as usual *yawn*

kaythxmirrorbai.

SteveC wrote: »
    Just posting to say that I actually can't believe I read all of this crap.

Sherifu is right - as usual *yawn*

kaythxmirrorbai.

One inch higher up the ar*e of a reg poster, well done, don't stop with just giving him a thanks, start a "Thank you" thread and you may just get in motion "The Sherifu Admiration Society", hell you could all have tea and scone meet up and knit him sweaters, that would be like totally awesome!!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Actually it's pedantic ;)

Zaph wrote: »
    Actually it's pedantic ;)

What would you have posted there if you hadn't have had that to post? I've noticed that, a lot of posts, if you take out the grammer corrections mean nothing, it's just a way to divert the thread, lets assume I posted "Pedantic" have you anything else to add to the thread other that a cat pic? have you anything that doesn't make you look like some sad little, chubby nerd that most likely masturbated while posting a spelling correction?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

at least he's wearing trousers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What would you have posted there if you hadn't have had that to post? I've noticed that, a lot of posts, if you take out the grammer corrections mean nothing, it's just a way to divert the thread, lets assume I posted "Pedantic" have you anything else to add to the thread other that a cat pic? have you anything that doesn't make you look like some sad little, chubby nerd that most likely masturbated while posting a spelling correction?
    Do you have a single comment that could in any way be construed as contributing to any thread, any where at any time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

You confuse "outrage" with mild (very mild) amusement.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

One inch higher up the ar*e of a reg poster, well done, don't stop with just giving him a thanks, start a "Thank you" thread and you may just get in motion "The Sherifu Admiration Society", hell you could all have tea and scone meet up and knit him sweaters, that would be like totally awesome!!!

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

the op will give up out of frustration and then they don't have to deal with it, they just lock it.

Don't have to deal with what exactly?

Just because it hasn't been dealt with in a manner that Corkstudent would be happy with (demanding that SDoom be demodded), doesn't mean that it hasn't be dealt with.

The evidence has been presented, and the ban was fair, simple enough.

I think this is just a very juvenile poster with a bad case of psuedointellectualism, and an aggressive attitude which has gotten them banned from a forum in this case. They don't accept this as their fault, so their only recourse is the shifting of blame, or responsibility, and the ad hominem arguement against moderators on this site.

That's all this talk of logic is, it's tactics. When logic doesn't suit Corkstudent's purpose, then it goes out the window. An example of this is the OP's repeated insulting statements about all mods on this site, after having an altercation with just one of them:
    Is there ANY mod on boards that understands this? I will cease to be "Mod bashing" when I find one that does.

This constinutes extremely faulty logic. To brush all mods here (especially considering how many there are, as you admit yourself Kazobel) with the same stroke is nothing other than mere ignorance. That kind of stance makes about as much logical sense as someone having a blue ball, noticing that the sky is blue, and coming to the conclusion that the sky is made of ball.

If someone doesn't subscribe to the OP's particularly shoddy grasp on logic; they simply don't understand it. It's a very easy stance to take that doesn't require much thought.

Judging by the aggressive stance, over-reaction, and sense of self-importance (someone banned me? De-Mod him!) that Corkstudent displayed, they're probably just a teenager yet, maybe even early teens. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be insulting, they do seem like a particularly bright person and will probably do well in life when they mature a bit more.

So, how exactly are we as moderators supposed to deal with this? Are we supposed to mollycoddle angsty teenagers? Do we lead them on by hand, and try to gently divert them away from problematic situations, lest they throw a temper tantrum? I don't think so, there are rules in place and every user is expected to abide by them, no matter what their age is. If a kid needs to get burned before they learn not to put their hand in the fire, then so be it. Maybe Corkstudent needs to learn discourse?

Serious question, what would you have done when, after repeated warnings, a poster kept on doing whatever it was they were warned against doing?

It seems to me, and many others here, this has been dealt with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Nah, just had nothing better to do with myself for a minute there. A bit like yourself really. You have nothing but loathing for Boards and the people here, and yet you just can't seem to pull yourself away from the place. This leads me to believe that:

1 - You're a desperate attention whore who needs constant validation, even if it's in the form of abuse, to make it seem like your time on this planet has actually been worthwhile.

2 - Abusing other people makes you feel good about yourself because the world has been cruel to you and now it's time for payback.

3 - You really do have nothing better to do with yourself.

4 - All of the above.

It's ironic that you accuse me of diverting the thread when half a page up you intentionally did just that. If you can do it I don't see why I can't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement