Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Para Para Paradise

• 30-07-2008 8:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I thought I would start a topic for this as I couldn't find one. ^^

I was wondering how many people have played/still play Para Para or atleast practice/learn the routines?

I am part of the EPOLondon (Elite Parapara Otaku London), however since I now live in Ireland, I was wondering if there was a Para group/club/gathering here that do meetups and recordings of routines etc aswell?

Routines I currently know:

100 - Dave Rodgers.
    'Ale Japan - Dave Rodgers.
    Anniversary - Dave, Domino and Virginelle.
    Bandolero Comanchero - Dave Mc Loud.
    Boom Boom Fire - D. Essex.
    My Sweet Banana - Go Go Girls.
    Night of Fire - Niko.
    Play with the Numbers - Domino.
    Easy Busy - Kiki & Kika.
    Sexy Sexy Sexy - Ken Martin.
    Bazookistan - Mad Cow & The Royal Eurobeat Orchestra. (My FAVOURITE routine!)
    Aishiattemasu - KEY-A-KISS.
    Chocolate - Soul Control.

Learning:

Spiderman - Mark Foster.
    Bazooka Pistolero - Franz Tornado.
    I Wanna Be Fat - Go Go Girls.

What about you guys?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

ehhh, wtf is para para?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

W T F

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

It's a dance/rhythm game but I don't know anyone in Ireland who plays it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

This thread confuses and infuriates us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I would be amazed if anyone played this over here. Why not try salsa dancing instead?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

because salsa isn't japanese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MysticFaye

Para Para (Japanese: パラパラ; also "Para-Para" or "ParaPara") is a popular Japanese solo dance. Unlike most club dancing and rave dancing, there are specific, preset movements for each song, and everyone does the same moves at once, much like line dancing.

Para Para is performed using mostly arm movements; very little lower body movement is involved save for perhaps moving one's hips or stepping in place, although a few routines require more detailed leg motions.

Above information gathered from Wikipedia.

I'm so glad the comments were so positive. Rather than post wtf or whatever, perhaps taking the time to look it up would have been better management of your time, or even not posting at all? But that's going offtopic.

I created this thread to find people who where also interested in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

hmmmm, i'd say your best bet would be to try the anime and manga forum:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=506

also, there's Eirtakon coming up in November, the Irish anime convention:

http://www.eirtakon.com/

try posting on the forum maybe and talk to a member of the staff to see if you could organise a para para session for one of the days

http://eirtaku.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

MysticFaye wrote: »
    I'm so glad the comments were so positive. Rather than post wtf or whatever, perhaps taking the time to look it up would have been better management of your time, or even not posting at all? But that's going offtopic.

That's a bit glib. You come onto boards with the most obscure title/concept... you don't even attempt to explain it... and are surprised by the reaction? I thought you had accidently posted in the wrong forum!

People were just posting what, I imagine, most people were thinking after reading your initial post. I wouldn't take the comments as anything other than good natured though.... well except for cedomination's sarky one. ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Above information gathered from Wikipedia.

Wtf? I took the time to look it up, and even posted a link to the same wikipedia article you quoted from.

(my reaction after reading said article was still wtf?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kandi Joneko

I thought I would start a topic for this as I couldn't find one. ^^

I was wondering how many people have played/still play Para Para or atleast practice/learn the routines?

I am part of the EPOLondon (Elite Parapara Otaku London), however since I now live in Ireland, I was wondering if there was a Para group/club/gathering here that do meetups and recordings of routines etc aswell?

Routines I currently know:

100 - Dave Rodgers.
    'Ale Japan - Dave Rodgers.
    Anniversary - Dave, Domino and Virginelle.
    Bandolero Comanchero - Dave Mc Loud.
    Boom Boom Fire - D. Essex.
    My Sweet Banana - Go Go Girls.
    Night of Fire - Niko.
    Play with the Numbers - Domino.
    Easy Busy - Kiki & Kika.
    Sexy Sexy Sexy - Ken Martin.
    Bazookistan - Mad Cow & The Royal Eurobeat Orchestra. (My FAVOURITE routine!)
    Aishiattemasu - KEY-A-KISS.
    Chocolate - Soul Control.

Learning:

Spiderman - Mark Foster.
    Bazooka Pistolero - Franz Tornado.
    I Wanna Be Fat - Go Go Girls.

What about you guys?

I know this was 12 years ago, but I live in Ireland too and I just love parapara so much I had to make an account and reply. I'm so sad it's not popular anymore, I wish I could go to an event and dance with other people instead of alone in my room. ;w;

• Registered Users Posts: 13,795 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Great, now I have fcuking Coldplay in my head! :mad:

Advertisement