Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sea Fishing In Cork

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

well i was down on the bridge in kinsale last night

there was mackeral there at the end of the bridge furthest away from the town on the left hand side of the bridge
    i was there 2 hours before high tide and everyone else was catching singles,2's,3's and a few guys got 6's

anyway i caught 1 down deep just jigging straight in over the side and then i got a double hook up,but the buggers fell off the hooks before they got to the bridge rail

there was one guy who was really doing well so we moved over near him
    my kids were giving out nicely that they were catching zilch so he asked me if they wanted to reel in some of his he caught

the 11 year old said ya and ended up reeling in a catch of 3 mackeral together,he said it was heavy and hard but he got the rush anyway

the smaller guy declined the offer this time

so a big thank you to the random guy fishing on the bridge,he made a great evening for the kids,even if i couldn't get them to catch any

i'm a bad father!!!!!!!!!

i will be changing tactics and feather type (foil type feathery things were working,but i ain't telling anyone) and we will return

they were filleted and cooked and i used the tandoori paste on some and feck they were lovely

good fishing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

there were plenty of mackerel just off the deepwater quay in Cobh on saturday afternoon. People were pulling in strings of 2 and 3 with feathers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 irishwhirlwind

try ballyfin college in loais!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jaxon

monkstown wall alive with mackerel yesterday. breaking all over the place. havent seen them like that for a long time. happy fishing!:)

oh ya baybee,

i can't wait to get at it again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Yeehoo good to hear the macks are starting to show up, they're easily one of my favourite eating fish. I'm going to try this evening at a spot near head of Kinsale, will post tomorrow with how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Caught 16 mackers off the Old Head of Kinsale (the side facing north-east) yesterday in just over an hour's fishing (started an hour before high tide). Was using silvery type lures (those hooks with the plastic silver bits coming off them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ErniePie

Hi, I'll be staying in Kerry the week after next. Not a fishing holiday really, but was going to bring a spinning rod and reel and see if there's anything to be caught. Would be happy enough with mackerel / pollock, maybe spinning from rocks. Will be in and around Derrynane / Caherdaniel. Any advice on good spots? Tackle? Time and tide? Would be much appreciated, cheers.

jArgHA wrote: »
    Caught 16 mackers off the Old Head of Kinsale (the side facing north-east) yesterday in just over an hour's fishing (started an hour before high tide). Was using silvery type lures (those hooks with the plastic silver bits coming off them.

is that fishing off the rocks or a boat

i though you couldn't get within an asses roar of the old head with the golf thing?

Advertisement