Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Solar connections

• 22-06-2008 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

When the plumber was connecting my dual coil tank to the gas boiler he connected it to the solar connection on the tank and left the solar connections blanked off. The solar are on the bottom and boiler are on the top. I am getting in solar shortly, do I need to change them around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Solar loop must be on the bottom.

Reason one is to obtain max efficency from the solar, and also some coils are not suitable for solar, so if the tank is solar compatible, the bottom coil will be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

Right, looks like I am plumbing tonight. Thanks for the quick reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Reason one is to obtain max efficency from the solar, and also some coils are not suitable for solar, so if the tank is solar compatible, the bottom coil will be it.

Hello Snyper, on the basis of some coils not been compatible, could you elaborate please?

Reason being that I am working on a bit of a DIY personal system (in my head) at present.

Advertisement