Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

did you work in seagate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

surfrunner wrote: »
    I rang vetting last week. Same story. They informed me that there are still vetting forms to be sent out and if you haven't received any to date it you could still get one soon. They have sent them out so far only to those with the Highest scores!

does that mean then that those with vetting already are those that won't likely be wastage??? also, did vetting actaually say to you that they are sent to highest scorers only at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Nothing at the minute. Have been trying hard but there is nothing in the northwest at all.:eek:

Yeah not many jobs around. Even if you got into a supermarket or something it would always be some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Losing my job tomorrow. Factory i work in is closing so out of work unfortunately

Thats pants mate. Royal Mail and other big companies are always recruiting this time of year. Fingers crossed something turns up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

did you work in seagate?

yes i work in Seagate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

integra1 wrote: »
    does that mean then that those with vetting already are those that won't likely be wastage??? also, did vetting actaually say to you that they are sent to highest scorers only at this stage?

They told me that they were sending them out first to those with the highest scores and then the rest soon. She said to me to be patient and wait for the next batch. I was able to give her my name and she checked to see if I had got one yet(obviously not).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

yes i work in Seagate.

seagate as in the HDD company or am i just being a geek

smyff wrote: »
    seagate as in the HDD company or am i just being a geek

Yeah Segate in Limavady the hard drive maker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

howdy folks, havent been on this is ages, its all happenin, medicals and all :eek: No medical form for me though. With 5 addresses across the water, my vetting will take absolutely ages, i just know it :(

What I was wanting to know, is your placing on the merit list decided only by your performance at the AC?

squirrel81 wrote: »
    howdy folks, havent been on this is ages, its all happenin, medicals and all :eek: No medical form for me though. With 5 addresses across the water, my vetting will take absolutely ages, i just know it :(

What I was wanting to know, is your placing on the merit list decided only by your performance at the AC?

If two people have the same score the one who has the higher score in the IST gets the higher placing. I think. Well, so I've been told anyhoo!!!

• Advertisement

Folks was getting a bit frustrated about getting vetting and no medical yet so I rang rec yesterday.

I asked can you confirm if Monday is release of merit list? girl said we cannot confirm anything but possibly yes!

Also asked, have all medical invites gone out yet? Answer was vast majority! So for those of us with only vetting at this stage I am concerned now if I will even receive a medical invite!

Just thought I would pass this info on to the rest of you in a similar boat.

integra1 wrote: »
    Folks was getting a bit frustrated about getting vetting and no medical yet so I rang rec yesterday.

I asked can you confirm if Monday is release of merit list? girl said we cannot confirm anything but possibly yes!

Also asked, have all medical invites gone out yet? Answer was vast majority! So for those of us with only vetting at this stage I am concerned now if I will even receive a medical invite!

Just thought I would pass this info on to the rest of you in a similar boat.

Thats the boat I'm in but I was a late AC and only had vetting there earlier this month so dont think we should panic just yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

Hey,
    Your posting gave me a bit of a worry so I rang R'ment there..... they have no say or info about lists as Occ health sends out letters not them! The medical dates ARE still being sent out, October is completely full, but bare in mind we only get 2 weeks notice of an appointment! All hope is not lost..... yet..... Still early days in this whole debacle!

Who needs to diet when you have all this stress and worry to burn off any extra calories eh! I actually feel ill about Monday! Anyone else?

Who needs to diet when you have all this stress and worry to burn off any extra calories eh! I actually feel ill about Monday! Anyone else?

i dont feel sick anymore. i have not recieved vet forms so im gearing myself for a dear john anyway. bring on monday

Yup! * bleugh*

good luck everyone for monday

good luck everyone for monday

Rightback atcha.
    :D

Hey,
    Your posting gave me a bit of a worry so I rang R'ment there..... they have no say or info about lists as Occ health sends out letters not them! The medical dates ARE still being sent out, October is completely full, but bare in mind we only get 2 weeks notice of an appointment! All hope is not lost..... yet..... Still early days in this whole debacle!

Thanks for that, puts me at ease a little.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭el_nino_9

good to hear that no need to panic yet, tho do you think if you havent received med date then you are further down the merit list? when is last intake of c13? and first of c14?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 neoruss

Just rang recruitment and the merit list for C14 is now available.
    Unfortunately i will have to re apply next year.

what is the number to ring? i think im to nervous to ring today, dont want to hear bad news.

Number is 02890650222
    Ask for recruitment

Good luck everyone.
    Luck mustn't been on my side.

neoruss wrote: »
    Good luck everyone.
    Luck mustn't been on my side.

anyone wanna pm me not sure if my merit is good or not!!!! please

does your vetting have to be passed to get your merit number? u can send me a rough estimation of your number sadie! im sure it is good!

If you pass the A/C you will be on the merit list.
    Doesn't matter about vetting/ medical.
    You want a low number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

How low??

very low. the lower the better, though depends on your background, non RCs need lower than RCs. hope that is some help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

I don't know how this happened, but somehow I managed to get into the top 200 of the merit list!!! :eek::D:eek::D:eek::D

Sod's law - I'll fail either the vetting or medical now! :o

Good luck to everyone else. Hope you all get some good news.

thats superb carlty, well done! lets hope the rest goes ok for you! have you had your medical already? when did you do ur AC? im too scared to ring up incase its bad news!

carlty. can you pm me and ill return my merit. you can tell me what you think. im not sure

anyone wanna pm me not sure if my merit is good or not!!!! please

SCORED MID 300S, AM GUTTED, BEING NC I TAKE IT THATS ME OUT:(

what would be the maximum for a rc to get selected.

el_nino_9 wrote: »
    thats superb carlty, well done! lets hope the rest goes ok for you! have you had your medical already? when did you do ur AC? im too scared to ring up incase its bad news!

I had my medical on Tuesday and my vetting's ongoing. Either could screw me over. I sat my A/C in the middle of June.

• Advertisement

MERIT SCORE DOESN'T MEAN EVERYTHING, SCORE/FEEDBACK, SCORE OUT OF 70, FROM AC IS A BETTER INDICATOR OF YOUR CHANCE APPARENTLY AND THAT'S FROM SOMEONE IN GV AT THE MIN.

i woulnt say that peggysue's mama, i think mid 300s is a very good score. keep positive. have you done your medical already? i couldnt get through to get my number yet! dont fink i can wait until monday.

350ish is a good score. If you think about it, a good number of the people ahead of you will be from the RC background. RC's and non-RC's are not competing for the same places. Remeber, 220 RC places, 220 non-RC places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FootyFan24

My friend got a mid 300 score last year and hes currently in GV doing his residential. So don't give up hope! (plus hes a non rc) I can't get through to them, everyone must be trying!

im the same footyfan, i want to get through but dont want to at the same time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FootyFan24

el_nino_9 wrote: »
    im the same footyfan, i want to get through but dont want to at the same time!
    i just want to confirm if im out. did my a/c 13th June, got vetting like a week later. yet no medical. doesnt bode well

i think they have got scared and gone home, i still cant get through! anyone the same as me?

no, no medical date as yet.... sent my vetting off 1st week in sept.... how cruel is it getting the list ready on a friday afternoon! am sure they are inundated, took me 4 calls to get to speak with someone! god this is S***, my heart is in my mouth! am hoping me being of the female persuasion helps me out!!!!!

Peggysuesmama, if you do get in with your merit score, will ya ask one of the instructors to show you the Caps lock on your puter please?

i did ac late july, got vetting start of sept but no medical as yet! dont know what to think!

no, no medical date as yet.... sent my vetting off 1st week in sept.... how cruel is it getting the list ready on a friday afternoon! am sure they are inundated, took me 4 calls to get to speak with someone! god this is S***, my heart is in my mouth! am hoping me being of the female persuasion helps me out!!!!!

ya found it!

i think it could be a great help to you, my nerves are getting the better off me to. it is very cruel, they arent very nice!

ya found it!

THE CHEEK!!!!!! I am a typist by day I'll have you know, maybe I just feel like shouting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

Woo hoo! Called up to find out I've passed my Vetting and also got my merit score. The lady said that my name was forward for a medical too. :D

I tryed twice to get through to recruitment no joy.....same boat ac late july, vet forms 4 sept 08 and no medicall yet! this is terrifying lol....sort of glad I didn't get through.....but still so eager to know!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement