Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make up to make eyes look bigger

Options
  • 10-06-2008 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Tomorrow I make the transition from glasses to contacts. Ive worn glasses for the guts of twenty years(yikes) and as a result when i take them off i am very aware my eyes look small. reality is though,they actually are. can anyone advise me on what makeup i should use and how to make them look bigger? was thinking of going straight to the clinique counter after i get them in and ask there? help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Aw cool, contacts are great! It's brilliant being able to see everywhere as in up, down, to the sides without the glasses not extending that far!

I suppose maybe, some well done eyeliner and a brilliant mascara makes a great difference. I think if you line the whole of the top lid lashline and with the bottom lid only put liner more so on the outer 3rd. especially make sure to kinda blend the line of liner and make it softer rather than the harsh tranny looking line!

One thing that does make a huge difference is dark circles! If you have them make sure to try cover them up!!

Enjoy your contacts!!x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Thanks lilsmiler actually i forgot to mention that point in my original post..dark undereye circles are a heritary burden that i suffer from..went to mac a while back and the girl recommende a concealer which has done sweet f all even tho i followed her instruction to dab it in till the creases go and top up with powder..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'd use a dark brown eyeshadow to contour the lower lid as it will be softer than eyeliner and also won't cause as much drag on the eye. Also, using an eyeshadow as liner on your top lid will give a softer look, I'm guessing this is an everyday look? All really depends on how you wear your make-up. Invest in a slanted eyeliner brush - MAC, Bobbi Brown and Make-up Forever do excellent brushes.

Also, remember that you will be wearing your contacts so a hard eyeliner may irritate your lenses when putting on your make-up. Not saying eyeliners are bad. Just something to remember when doing your make-up. Also,will your eyes water much with the lenses? Good idea would be to get a gel liner from either MAC or Bobbi Brown. I think both are water-proof. Think Benefit do something similar as well. Takes a bit of practise with the brush but don't be put off, with a bit of practise you'll get the hang of it. Use cotton buds soaked in eye make-up remover to help with any mistakes.

Also, a good way to make your eyes 'pop' as they say is to shade your socket line with shadow to make your eyes stand out more. Blending is the secret!

Your best bet is to go into a make-up counter and ask to be shown how to use all of the above. I don't know where you're located but I'd suggest Bobbi Brown, Armani, Laura Mercier, Make-up Forever if you're going for a day time look or MAC, Armani, Lancome for an evening look (tend to layer it on more!). Or if you use a certain brand, go to that counter. Get tips on how to use products you already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Thanks lilsmiler actually i forgot to mention that point in my original post..dark undereye circles are a heritary burden that i suffer from..went to mac a while back and the girl recommende a concealer which has done sweet f all even tho i followed her instruction to dab it in till the creases go and top up with powder..

Which concealer was it? It might not have been a strong enough concealer. I have the same problem! Have you tried Laura Mercier? I found it very good. I wouldn't put any powder over it though unless you're really oily there. Tends to make it cake and show up any wrinkles, if any. (probably not! haha)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

eyelash curlers are great for opening up your eyes.
    and as has been said, concentrate on the upper lid when applying liner, and get a good mascara.
    best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

For the first few days, go easy. You might be at your eyes a bit, trying to get the contacts in, rubbing your eyes, checking them, putting in drops. Your eyes might water a bit as you get used to the lenses, and you mightn't want to leave them in all day either. I'd say it takes a week to be totally comfortable with them. Are they soft lenses?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

ive heard people sayign that a lil bit of white eyeshadow or any other light colour right in the corner of your eye(near your nose) makes then look bigger.seen it once and thought it was effective but the girl had big enough eyes anytway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

yeah mac do a great one called ploof and you put that on the corners near your nose... as for concealer the benefit one is good too.... the mac ones aren't strong enough for us warriors!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

white eyeliner on your inner rim of your eye (between eyelashes and actual eye) on bottom and if you can on top makes your eyes look bigger

Advertisement