Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse racing on the beach today?

Options
  • 08-06-2008 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

Good Morning everybody! I saw signs yesterday for horse racing on the beach. Does anybody know where it is?..... (including directions)

Thank you!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

near strandhill somewhere, think i heard something about 1pm, but seems very early, aparantly theres a beer tent, which might not be a very good idea, considering the amount i've spent on it already this weekend

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Culleenamore, Strandhill..... if you're coming from Sligo don't go into Strandhill Village, follow signs at roundabout for Ballisodare and travel along the 'top road' in Strandhill past Venue bar and Ocean View Hotel etc...

Culleenamore about 1 mile other side of Strandhill. Beautiful place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Cheers for that.

I didn't see any advertising for it this year. We need a thread of upcoming events here, it would be handy.

I've just sent my lot off to the races, so I can sunbathe do housework in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I went there a few years back, it was OK. Thought having to pay for parking was a bit much, but that might have changed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭DenMan

That would be cool. I do believe it is in Culleenamore. Very beautiful beach near Strandhill. I think it is an annual event. Be great fun, especially after if the weather holds up people could organize a BBQ etc. Go for it. Pity I'm working at the mo! Have fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

sueme wrote: »
    Cheers for that.

I didn't see any advertising for it this year. We need a thread of upcoming events here, it would be handy.

I've just sent my lot off to the races, so I can sunbathe do housework in peace.

We saw your lot there! I recognised Roisin from Xiney's Flickr.
    We had a great time! It turned out to be the place where we walk the dogs most of the time - duh!!

Mrs.T wrote: »
    We saw your lot there! I recognised Roisin from Xiney's Flickr.
    We had a great time! It turned out to be the place where we walk the dogs most of the time - duh!!

Glad ye enjoyed it! Roisin's famous!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I recognised Roisin too, she was eyeing up our ice creams!:D

magnumlady wrote: »
    I recognised Roisin too, she was eyeing up our ice creams!:D

Crikey :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

sueme wrote: »
    Crikey :eek:

Is this getting a bit freaky for you sueme?

• Advertisement

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Is this getting a bit freaky for you sueme?

I'm used to it. I've had it for years, my girl knows way more people than me around town. All the clubs and school stuff etc., I'm just her bodyguard. And a particularly ferocious one at that.

Like my new sig?!

Advertisement