Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy black trousers - Job Interview

Options
  • 07-06-2008 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Anywhere good for dressy black trousers? I have a interview on Monday so I am going to hit Dundrum Shopping Centre tomorrow.

What else would be good to wear? Its office work so I'm a bit confused.

If funds allow it I'll spring for a jacket as well. Recommendations please!

I plan the top on being a good colour (nice and bright) so my make up will be subtle (mascara, tinted moisturiser, perhaps some eye liner on top eyelid, maybe a little blush)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Zara, Next, Oasis, House of Fraser, River Island. You'll def find something in one of them.

Penneys have some nice tops.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Zara's great for decent work wear. It's not too expensive and you get good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Personally I wouldn't wear trousers to a job interview.

Actually having typed that, I'm wondering why I wouldn't as I would wear a trouser suit to work. Am in early thirties and just always have worn skirts. We were told this in college. Is it still relevant?!

Anyway, Dunnes have a lovely jacket and skirt combo at the moment in black and cream for €70. Exactly the same as one I got last year in Arnotts for ten times the price.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

That's a bit sexist! Why should females have to wear a skirt? Did a man tell you this lol? Probably too intimidating and powerful looking in trousers....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

In formal situations such as interviews it is better to err on the conservative side and also to look as if an effort to dress up has been made. A lot depends on a persons figure what type of clothes they look smart in. I was advised by a senior business figure to always dress a generation behind at interviews. Ask yourself what would someone of your parents generation would have worn to an interview. That is most likely to meet with approval from the interviewers. Another thing to consider is the number of candidates for interview. Wearing something different from the other candidates can help a candidate be remembered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

I think a nice skirt,nothing too short with tights and black shoes would look more professional than troursers.

Advertisement