Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for the impossible? An anti-ageing cream that works?

Options
  • 07-06-2008 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am on the hunt for a good anti-aging eye cream, I am only 29, but am beginning to get quite bad crows feet. Is there anything out there that can repair the ones I already have and slow down the appearance of new ones? Any creams I've tried seem to promise the earth and deliver very little. TIA!

Comments

That is because those creams DO NO WORK.

I REPEAT, THEY DO NOT WORK.

It is scientifically impossible.

Do not waste your money on those creams.

If you are really concerned, why not try botox.. It lasts for a few months..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Best thing for avoiding wrinkles is not to smoke or hang around smokers.

As for creams, try Clarins' Anti-Rides. Have to love the name...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bubblebutt

philosophy hope in a jar is really good, not sure it will prevent ageing but it's amazing i noticed a considerable improvement in my skin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭rebeldiamond

I find the Nivea Q10 cream to be okay. I always feel like it makes a difference if I remember to use it everynight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

luckat wrote: »
    Best thing for avoiding wrinkles is not to smoke or hang around smokers.

As for creams, try Clarins' Anti-Rides. Have to love the name...

LOL, I do like the Clarins day and night cream, so may give that one a try. I'm not looking for miracles, I know nothing can completely irradicate wrinkles, just something to improve the texture and look of my skin and maybe slow down new wrinkles. As for Botox, that is on my list for the future, but I think at 29, I'm a little young to be starting in to all that!

• Advertisement

Well.. If you are already looking for anti-ageing cream at 29 then why stop there.

You are just wasting money on expensive creams..

when you could just save up the money you would have spent and get botox.

It is the logical root..

I can't stress this enough:

"Anti-ageing" creams DO NOT WORK.

But.. go on.. Waste your money.

Well.. If you are already looking for anti-ageing cream at 29 then why stop there.

It is the logical root..

I really don't think that Botox is the obvious route at 29. I am not dissing people who get it done, but I think anyone who gets it done in their 20's or early 30's is crazy. They are then looking at getting it done 3-4 times a year for what, 40-50 years? And how long before they begin to get that 'frozen look' a la Nicole Kidman or Dannii Minogue?

It isn't the money that is the issue, it is the fact that the wrinkles I have are not nearly severe enough to warrant injecting a toxin in to my face! Maybe I'll consider that when my face is beginning to fold in on itself with wrinkles, but it would really be a last resort scenario.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

No.7 Protect and Perfect was scientifically proven to work. As was the cream that they sell in Aldi (don't know what it's called).

And make sure to wear sunglasses- squinting causes wrinkles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭heavyheart

It is the logical root..

Can i ask how you no that every single cream developed DEFINITELY doesnt work ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Actually, I now see that you want an eye cream, OP - the Anti-Rides isn't for eyes, too rich.

But as I said, main thing is to steer clear of the smokes. Too much sun and alcohol don't help either.

• Advertisement

Okay okay okay...

What I'm saying is that.. most of these anti-aging skin products will produce the appearance of reduced wrinkles, which can be noticeable in even just a few weeks of consistent use of the cream. However, there aren't any known anti-aging creams that will actually eliminate wrinkles or otherwise permanently reverse the aging effects to the skin.

So, what these creams really do is: remove the dead skin from the surface (like exfoliating) and then it hydrates (saturates with water) the lower layers of skin.. making it appear younger.. BUT, with these creams.. you need to apply them every day or multiple times a day and the second you stop using these creams.. the wrinkles will re-appear.

Therefore, you have to keep applying it everyday. Since the cost of many of these anti-aging creams is not cheap, it is not cheap to maintain the reduced wrinkle effect

(Also, just like to add that you can achieve the same results from a good moisturiser that contains the active ingredients of Vitamin C, vitamin E and also Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA).)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Okay okay okay...

What I'm saying is that.. most of these anti-aging skin products will produce the appearance of reduced wrinkles, which can be noticeable in even just a few weeks of consistent use of the cream. However, there aren't any known anti-aging creams that will actually eliminate wrinkles or otherwise permanently reverse the aging effects to the skin.

So, what these creams really do is: remove the dead skin from the surface (like exfoliating) and then it hydrates (saturates with water) the lower layers of skin.. making it appear younger.. BUT, with these creams.. you need to apply them every day or multiple times a day and the second you stop using these creams.. the wrinkles will re-appear.

Therefore, you have to keep applying it everyday. Since the cost of many of these anti-aging creams is not cheap, it is not cheap to maintain the reduced wrinkle effect

(Also, just like to add that you can achieve the same results from a good moisturiser that contains the active ingredients of Vitamin C, vitamin E and also Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA).)

aren't you like 17/18?? I'm sure in a few years time if you develop crows feet you'll be thinking about your options.

OP, you could try a line of treatments from Danné Montague- King, i use the products for my acne and they have brilliant results. check out the website http://www.dannemking.com , it really is amazing stuff. If you are interested in it i can find out the nearest Danne salon for you. Funnily enough, they've just released an Eye Tone cream, I'm gonna get it in my next purchase of products, will let yo know what it's like if you want

This is simply advice. Good advice at that.
    It is up to you lot whether you choose to take it or not. I am only pointing out the obvious.. (or not)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Clink wrote: »
    No.7 Protect and Perfect was scientifically proven to work.

+ 1

I saw a documentary on this also! It was proven to actually reverse the signs of aging!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=GF4aAvuALts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Sunscreen! The best 'anti-aging' you'll get ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

Glowing wrote: »

+ 1!!! Couldn't agree more, am a factor 50+ girl on the face and chest area myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Aldi Anti Wrinkle cream - its €3

Glowing wrote: »

There was a great documentary on C4 a few weeks ago about anti-ageing creams, if they work etc. One of the things that they found out was that the only ingredient a cream had to contain in order to advertise itself as 'anti-ageing' was an SPF. The logic being, if a cream has an SPF, then it is preventing more wrinkles from forming and therefore is having an anti-ageing effect.

They also blind tested various creams (day/night/eye/serum etc) from the very cheapest to a very expensive Dior and after a month, not one of the women, using any of the creams had reduced wrinkles. So maybe the previous poster is right, it probably is a complete rip off!

That said, I think I might try the Perfect and Protect when my current batch of Clarins runs out, the thought of shelling out €120 plus for Clarins day and night cream just before my hols is not something I relish! :eek:

Advertisement